Has Carrie done for Boris?

Dave-G

So who thinks Carrie has become Boris's achilles heel?

I can't imagine Boris would be overly fussed about spending his own money on decor for what is basically temporary government accommodation - and it seems she got between him and cummins too.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I thought this building is owned buy the taxpayers ?? When it all comes down to the wire no matter who's in government they line their own pockets and whats left is suppose to keep the country going, as for Cummings he's just like a baby that's thrown his dummy out the pram and no one will pick it up, not sure on the Miss Symonds only time will tell, I've said before from what I see today from 50 plus years ago since I voted the same old slogans come rolling in, Vote for me and I will do the opposite, where once we were a proud nation the great of great Britain has fallen off a cliff, 

54 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

I couldn’t give less of one.

He’s had to deal with ridiculous amount of pressure and I’d forgive a blurring of the rules.

Feel free to copy/paste this into the unpopular opinions thread!!

Bang on.

How are the vaccinations going, how is the economic recovery going and can I now please have a holiday?

Brutal and ignorant as it may be I couldn’t care any less about who paid for the refurb of a flat Boris won’t even get to keep.

Again, mainstream media entirely misses the mood of the nation. 

And... not a word of congratulation for having the best stab at getting us through all this and with a vaccination program about a year in front of continental Europe.

I am exhausted by how dreadfully off mark the media and the opposition are - that luvvie Westminster bubble really wants popping, they are far far too fond of themselves.

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

I couldn’t give less of one.

He’s had to deal with ridiculous amount of pressure and I’d forgive a blurring of the rules.

Feel free to copy/paste this into the unpopular opinions thread!!

Completely over the top coverage I really couldn't care either .

3 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

I suspect it will go quiet after next Thursday.

This will rumble on. He has a track record of misusing funds whilst in public office to get his way with his mistresses. Harlots like Symonds and Arcuri have no moral decency and are a bad influence on a man who’s own moral compass is notoriously changeable. 

10 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

This will rumble on. He has a track record of misusing funds whilst in public office to get his way with his mistresses. Harlots like Symonds and Arcuri have no moral decency and are a bad influence on a man who’s own moral compass is notoriously changeable. 

Harsh but true.

Symonds is notoriously anti field sports and is in bed with the RSPB, Packham and his acolytes. Not literally you understand.

What puzzles me is how you can think it sensible to spend £88K (£30K allowance plus the disputed £58K) on 'decoration' of a 'tied to the job' 4 bedroom flat in a fully maintained building - and which was by all accounts in good order.  In fact the suggestion here https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/inside-story-number-11-downing-street-carrie-symonds-boris-johnson-flat-b931925.html

is that it is more like £200K they have spent ......... on somewhere they will possibly be for 5 years (maybe a lot less if this huge cost blows up on them!).

20 minutes ago, JDog said:

Not literally you understand.

🤣

15 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

What puzzles me is how you can think it sensible to spend £88K (£30K allowance plus the disputed £58K) on 'decoration' of a 'tied to the job' 4 bedroom flat in a fully maintained building - an

Exactly! 

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

Bang on.

How are the vaccinations going, how is the economic recovery going and can I now please have a holiday?

Brutal and ignorant as it may be I couldn’t care any less about who paid for the refurb of a flat Boris won’t even get to keep.

Again, mainstream media entirely misses the mood of the nation. 

And... not a word of congratulation for having the best stab at getting us through all this and with a vaccination program about a year in front of continental Europe.

I am exhausted by how dreadfully off mark the media and the opposition are - that luvvie Westminster bubble really wants popping, they are far far too fond of themselves.

+1

When Boris was in the running for the leadership, I never deluded myself that he was the most honest or sensible man on the planet. All it needed was for him to get Brexit done, as he had promised. Anything else was a bonus. 

Although there have been wobbles, his handling of the pandemic has been better than any other leader, excluding Israel. He is steering us out of the pandemic and towards economic recovery. Carrie and the flat are mere distractions. In the overall scheme of things, they aren't worth a bean.

Labour and the totally ineffectual Starmer seem to think sleaze will win a future election. If they manage to engineer Boris's downfall, the Tories could pick just about anyone to still beat Labour. I don't recall any members being kicked out of Labour for anti-semitism, despite Starmer's claimed priority. They throw second rate mud, but I would be hard pressed to name one of their future election promises. They concentrate on trivia when they should be making bold plans which would capture the imagination of future voters. It just isn't happening, even though Rayner thinks the message is now getting through. Her perception is clearly at odds with anyone with a brain cell.

5 minutes ago, The Heron said:

Spot on.

They absolutely went nuts over Cummings' indiscretions.  Nobody cared.  And yet it dominated the news for days.

The *incident* in the pub in Bath should've finished Starmer off by rights - especially his shameful attempted character assassination of the landlord as a "Covid Denier".  And yet, media silence.  Didn't fit the narrative.  Just another "far right" loon.

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

Yep.

How about "More people were killed on the roads than died with COVID earlier this week, why in the fresh hell are we still locked down?"

i virtually know nothing about Boris's bird............yet from what little i have gleaned of her...i wouldnt trust her as far as i could throw her.......she is working to her own agenda and will be trouble for the rest of the liason................as for cummings ...what a petulant scumbag ...and i bet there are more like him in #10....

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i virtually know nothing about Boris's bird............yet from what little i have gleaned of her...i wouldnt trust her as far as i could throw her.......she is working to her own agenda and will be trouble for the rest of the liason

Johnson's very own 'Meghan Markle'.

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

as for cummings ...what a petulant scumbag

The Official Secrets act (which he must have signed) should prevent disclosures - even if he wasn't made to dsign an NDA (which would be usual in business for someone close to the top management)

In the grand scheme of things a few bob on a lick of paint and a roll of wallpaper falls in to insignificance compared to the billions spent on track and trace that achieved absolutely nothing. At least the flat will be habitable for the next PM no matter who that may be. As a side note Boris has been in one of the worst crisis of modern times and has done well compared to the rest of the world.

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the goings on in number 10 would make a good Brian Rix farce 🤔😁

Can anyone remember Brian Rix.

2 minutes ago, dead eye alan said:

In the grand scheme of things a few bob on a lick of paint and a roll of wallpaper falls in to insignificance compared to the billions spent on track and trace that achieved absolutely nothing. At least the flat will be habitable for the next PM no matter who that may be. As a side note Boris has been in one of the worst crisis of modern times and has done well compared to the rest of the world.

Can anyone remember Brian Rix.

Only us oldies 🤔😆

13 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Only us oldies 🤔😆

Brian Rix Whitehall Farces. On stage, careering in and out of doors. A bit like politics.

As for decorations it goes with the job. Didn’t John Bercow spend silly amounts on the Speakers appartment?