Has Carrie done for Boris?

Dave-G

3 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

🤣

I like your comment. But he’s a bad egg.

He is a politician. It goes without saying.

Frankly, as long as he successfully manages the recovery from Covid and Brexit, who cares what his personal life is?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Brian Rix Whitehall Farces. On stage, careering in and out of doors. A bit like politics.

As for decorations it goes with the job. Didn’t John Bercow spend silly amounts on the Speakers appartment?

Hello, thanks to reply, those Tories will spend any money that's not theirs 🤔

4 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

I couldn’t give less of one.

He’s had to deal with ridiculous amount of pressure and I’d forgive a blurring of the rules.

Feel free to copy/paste this into the unpopular opinions thread!!

Totally agree , give the man a break , i cant think of another PM thats come into power and had as much to deal with straight away

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

Bang on.

How are the vaccinations going, how is the economic recovery going and can I now please have a holiday?

Brutal and ignorant as it may be I couldn’t care any less about who paid for the refurb of a flat Boris won’t even get to keep.

Again, mainstream media entirely misses the mood of the nation. 

And... not a word of congratulation for having the best stab at getting us through all this and with a vaccination program about a year in front of continental Europe.

I am exhausted by how dreadfully off mark the media and the opposition are - that luvvie Westminster bubble really wants popping, they are far far too fond of themselves.

100%   but that woman is a danger to all of us. Anti everything we believe in. 

Julia Hartley Brewer hit the nail in her response to the ridiculuous waste of time and money. Pull her up on youtube brilliant and does not take prisoners.

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

Julia Hartley Brewer hit the nail in her response to the ridiculuous waste of time and money. Pull her up on youtube brilliant and does not take prisoners.

I believe that she is the driving force behind the Green Initiative that BoJo now worships at. I expect come 2025 and on that subsidies for electric vehicles etc will be done at the cost of the people that can't afford to buy Electric - increased Road Tax would be the first step from what I have heard, and will generate a new poverty for a lot of people. I figure that the extra road tax that is loaded on premium marques will be brought down to apply to all cars - no matter the age of the vehicle - perhaps even onto classics

entire country to pick from best we can come up with for the job is a liar who dumped his family for a bit of scrag

If this is accurate, just where does that leave Labour? Entire Labour Party to choose from and they come up with Ed Milliband, Jeremy Corbyn and Keir Starmer. You couldn't make it up - three unelectables in a row.

The cost of the flat re-vamp pales into insignificance compared to MPs' expenses, which barely get a mention. There is an element of the media who seem out to get Boris, whatever he does. If Labour ridicule him so much and he does get replaced, will they be better or worse off? A future leader might not have the charisma, but might prove a harder target.

PS - I think I prefer the gold wallpaper to Diane Abbott's portrait - about £11k of taxpayers money. 

Edited by Gordon R

5 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I don't think he will be rolling in it. £150k Prime Minister's salary. Costly divorce and high maintenance girlfriend will soon get through his money. 🙂

Yes he’s had to pack in his other earners and I reckon he’s skint - the divorce would have done that.

We should pay the PM a proper wage for the role - he earns less than half of what the top 5 charities pay their CEOs.

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

When Boris was in the running for the leadership, I never deluded myself that he was the most honest or sensible man on the planet. All it needed was for him to get Brexit done, as he had promised. Anything else was a bonus. 

Although there have been wobbles, his handling of the pandemic has been better than any other leader, excluding Israel. He is steering us out of the pandemic and towards economic recovery. Carrie and the flat are mere distractions. In the overall scheme of things, they aren't worth a bean.

Labour and the totally ineffectual Starmer seem to think sleaze will win a future election. If they manage to engineer Boris's downfall, the Tories could pick just about anyone to still beat Labour. I don't recall any members being kicked out of Labour for anti-semitism, despite Starmer's claimed priority. They throw second rate mud, but I would be hard pressed to name one of their future election promises. They concentrate on trivia when they should be making bold plans which would capture the imagination of future voters. It just isn't happening, even though Rayner thinks the message is now getting through. Her perception is clearly at odds with anyone with a brain cell.

Totally agree. Labour leaders and their attack dogs such as Rayner, along with the BBC and Ch 4, can never understand that you don't elevate your own image by trying to undermine your opponent's.

I do believe Carrie is a potentially poisonous influence on a man who's proved to be weak and indecisive on a number of occasions and it strikes me that she is to Boris what Meghan is to Harry. The upside is that based on Boris's track record with women, it's a good bet she won't be around in 3 or 4 years.

I'm not particularly a Boris fan but I'd far rather him than Starmer or any of the other bonkers Labourites hell bent on dragging us into the 3rd world.

2 hours ago, telf said:

Totally agree , give the man a break , i cant think of another PM thats come into power and had as much to deal with straight away

Churchill? Lloyd George? and no, Boris ain't a patch on them

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Hello, now that's a lady common sense , 

51 minutes ago, Westward said:

Totally agree. Labour leaders and their attack dogs such as Rayner, along with the BBC and Ch 4, can never understand that you don't elevate your own image by trying to undermine your opponent's.

I do believe Carrie is a potentially poisonous influence on a man who's proved to be weak and indecisive on a number of occasions and it strikes me that she is to Boris what Meghan is to Harry. The upside is that based on Boris's track record with women, it's a good bet she won't be around in 3 or 4 years.

I'm not particularly a Boris fan but I'd far rather him than Starmer or any of the other bonkers Labourites hell bent on dragging us into the 3rd world.

Hello, good post, I agree on the Meghan type influence 👍

Give me a tax break worth a few million and let me have a few nhs contracts worth a few million and I will drop you a few £100k to sort your flat. Dont worry about being given the boot there is more in the envelope later. :good:Jobs a good un.

How much to buy my licence? We might as well all get at it? 

1 hour ago, Westward said:

another 100% comment. I had not thought of the link of Megan the Mule and Carrie the Cow .... good one.

Edited by Walker570

8 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I would like to see politicians get a decent flat wage with no or very limited expenses, that would stop all the nonsense. 

Serious question; roughly how much?

The reason I ask is that currently MPs get a salary of a little over 80K but with pensions, expenses, subsidised travel, meals, and other 'perks', a package worth say £150K and upwards - and they get a lot of 'recess time (= holidays in many cases).  Many also have second sources of income.

Many people see this a pretty well paid when the 'average wage' is somewhere around 30K.

However others say that for people holding positions of responsibility, it is much less than they would be getting in the private sector for equivalent responsibility.

Personally, I agree with the idea of "a decent flat wage with no or very limited expenses" and also believe that they should not get any more subsidies on meals, travel etc. than the Inland Revenue allows for the private sector.  I also believe that the question of second jobs/outside earnings needs looking at - though I'm less sure what should be the rule here?

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Give me a tax break worth a few million and let me have a few nhs contracts worth a few million and I will drop you a few £100k to sort your flat. Dont worry about being given the boot there is more in the envelope later. :good:Jobs a good un.

How much to buy my licence? We might as well all get at it? 

Government the world over Im afraid .
Doesnt matter where or what the doctrine is , theres corruption at EVERY level, from the local councils , in the smallest towns and villages ,all the way to the top EVERWHERE.

I personally couldnt care less if a tory donor paid for it or not , WE the taxpayer didnt right ? 
Its all a bit of a storm in the proverbial TBH , and a rather cynical ploy by the opposition to drum up some dirt, because lets face it , thats all theyve got.

Youve got fat pig in the trough Blackford , calling the PM out, when himself and his party are not exactly paragons oF virtue are they?
Starmer squeaking some unintelligible comment , just to let everyone know hes still there :lol:

Its a non story, released to coincide with next weeks council elections, where the opposition can then crow on about the tories 'losing support' or some other B.S.

16 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I personally couldnt care less if a tory donor paid for it or not , WE the taxpayer didnt right ? 

The tax payer may not have paid for the flat but paid the price of the inflated 'mates rates' contract instead. I dont care what party it is, this stuff should be exposed and the culprit publicly binned.

Beginning of the end game? 

8 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

I couldn’t give less of one.

He’s had to deal with ridiculous amount of pressure and I’d forgive a blurring of the rules.

Feel free to copy/paste this into the unpopular opinions thread!!

This . 

Boris can be a bit of a xxxx , but if it wasn't for his couldn't give a toss attitude , we'd still be struggling to keep our heads above water with the whole Covid mess . Fair play to the man I say 👍.

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Serious question; roughly how much?

The reason I ask is that currently MPs get a salary of a little over 80K but with pensions, expenses, subsidised travel, meals, and other 'perks', a package worth say £150K and upwards - and they get a lot of 'recess time (= holidays in many cases).  Many also have second sources of income.

Many people see this a pretty well paid when the 'average wage' is somewhere around 30K.

However others say that for people holding positions of responsibility, it is much less than they would be getting in the private sector for equivalent responsibility.

Personally, I agree with the idea of "a decent flat wage with no or very limited expenses" and also believe that they should not get any more subsidies on meals, travel etc. than the Inland Revenue allows for the private sector.  I also believe that the question of second jobs/outside earnings needs looking at - though I'm less sure what should be the rule here?

I'd have no issue with the PM being on half a million a year or even more, with others on a lesser amount depending on position and if they are in the elected party ect. 

I'd pay Diane Abbot in buttons, although she'd probably be happy with that 😂

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

I don't think many politicians, especially on the Labour and Lib Dem benches could hack it in the real world. (and not all conservatives  could either)

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Beginning of the end game? 

I dont think so, not remotely.
Boris, despite his bad press, is fairly rightly seen as a steady hand over the past years trials, hes not got everything right, nobody anywhere did, but it could all have been so much worse.
Hes dealt with brexit firmly but fairly, again not perfect , but considering where we were under Mays leadership....

But most tragically (for them) he has continually exposed the opposition for the clueless guttersnipes for what they are.
As much as they snipe away , using their sycophants at the BBC and the lefty press, they continually expose themselves to be bitter and disjointed, wholly unfit for government.