Has Carrie done for Boris?

Dave-G

But most tragically (for them) he has continually exposed the opposition for the clueless guttersnipes for what they are.
As much as they snipe away , using their sycophants at the BBC and the lefty press, they continually expose themselves to be bitter and disjointed, wholly unfit for government.

He has exposed their limitations - which are considerable. Only two Labour Leaders have won an election in the last 70 years - Harold Wilson and Tony Blair. The current bunch show no signs whatsoever of providing a third.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I dont think so, not remotely.
Boris, despite his bad press, is fairly rightly seen as a steady hand over the past years trials, hes not got everything right, nobody anywhere did, but it could all have been so much worse.
Hes dealt with brexit firmly but fairly, again not perfect , but considering where we were under Mays leadership....

But most tragically (for them) he has continually exposed the opposition for the clueless guttersnipes for what they are.
As much as they snipe away , using their sycophants at the BBC and the lefty press, they continually expose themselves to be bitter and disjointed, wholly unfit for government.

That's it isn't it,  Boris might have bent the rules, taken a back hander, Frankly I doubt anyone cares because MPs have been doing it forever,  Starmer getting thrown out of that fellas pub sums Labour up, they are there but doing nothing.

Thdnk goodness Boris was where he was when needed.

50 minutes ago, Mice! said:

For a start, the last election,  I can't begin to imagine Brexit or the covid vacation roll out being a success under Labour.

This but I'd include many in the Conservatives to. I'd have loved to see brexit run by Farage, regardless of whatever party's hat he was wearing at the time. 

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

For a start, the last election,  I can't begin to imagine Brexit or the covid vacation roll out being a success under Labour.

Vacination roll out was left to the NHS (Simon) after the failure of the test and trace.

The only credit I would give to the Govt in the whole sorry covid saga is for the boldness of the vacinne purchase programme. 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Vacination roll out was left to the NHS (Simon) after the failure of the test and trace.

Maybe not interfering was a good thing.

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

The only credit I would give to the Govt in the whole sorry covid saga is for the boldness of the vacinne purchase programme. 

Do you think Labour would have done it?

After the last GE the Conservatives should have been on easy street, no real opposition and a majority in the house, instead probably the biggest crisis to hit the country since world war two,  not sure about the financial crisis of 87 I was too young. 

I'm sure things could have been worse.

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Maybe not interfering was a good thing.

Do you think Labour would have done it?

After the last GE the Conservatives should have been on easy street, no real opposition and a majority in the house, instead probably the biggest crisis to hit the country since world war two,  not sure about the financial crisis of 87 I was too young. 

I'm sure things could have been worse.

Labour??? You meen Corbyn, that would have been a disaster. Fortunately he was never in the running.

It's not about the colour of the tie but the caliber of the person wearing it. Unfortunately Boris is just not upto the job. 

Just now, oowee said:

It's not about the colour of the tie but the caliber of the person wearing it. Unfortunately Boris is just not upto the job. 

Well he's doing ok so far, my opinion and I'm putting him up against what's going on in Europe. 

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Funny, but if we're doing better than mainland Europe its pretty hard to criticise,  but I know you will 😉

We have some of the greatest assets in the world. Education, wealth, cutting edge tech, skills and on and on. The UK should be leading not following, not doing better than an also ran. We should set the standard for the world and lead the way not be satisfied with doing better than some loosers. 🙂 

Unfortunately the UK (along with many so called first world countries) is happy to live off the fat of the past, because it is easier and politicaly acceptable not to rock the boat.

48 minutes ago, oowee said:

. We should set the standard for the world and lead the way not be satisfied with doing better than some loosers

So the EU are losers now, I thought you said we'd never make it without them? 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Labour??? You meen Corbyn, that would have been a disaster. Fortunately he was never in the running

Why was he party leader for so long then? 

Must be a tactical thing 😂

FB_IMG_1619739188904.jpg

57 minutes ago, oowee said:

We have some of the greatest assets in the world. Education, wealth, cutting edge tech, skills and on and on. The UK should be leading not following, not doing better than an also ran. We should set the standard for the world and lead the way not be satisfied with doing better than some loosers. 🙂 

Unfortunately the UK (along with many so called first world countries) is happy to live off the fat of the past, because it is easier and politicaly acceptable not to rock the boat.

It gets funnier,  so Europe are a bunch of also ran? Also run?

I'm pretty sure they are following us right now and not just with the covid vaccine roll out,  but Brexit would be the end of us?

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Labour??? You meen Corbyn, that would have been a disaster. Fortunately he was never in the running.

Who do you feel would have been more successful to win the election and lead the country with voter mandate?

still cant get it out of my mind that there was an outside chance of the govt being led by Corbyn and Abbott..............

.........i think we should think ourselves lucky with what we have got..............or do you all want May or Major back :w00t:

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Who do you feel would have been more successful to win the election and lead the country with voter mandate?

Unfortunately we are presented with very poor choices. That said it does not make the performance of the current shower any better, does it? We need a new approach to government and have no simple way to get one. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Unfortunately we are presented with very poor choices. That said it does not make the performance of the current shower any better, does it? We need a new approach to government and have no simple way to get one. 

Agreed. Vote reform UK, Nigel will sort it out 👍

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

o you all want May

I am loyal to Theresa May. The only one who wanted to bring back hunting with dogs, good traditional values. Honest and hard working 💪. I would have her as PM over anyone available at the moment. 

Maybe I should post this in unpopular opinions though 🤣

the writing was on the wall way back.......when BJ had to go solo in a tent whilst on scottish west coast summer holiday wiv 'er indoors.... well perhaps not on his ownio as he would have had his security guard with him! ...was obvious then who wore the trousers.

1 hour ago, harkom said:

the writing was on the wall way back.......when BJ had to go solo in a tent whilst on scottish west coast summer holiday wiv 'er indoors.... well perhaps not on his ownio as he would have had his security guard with him! ...was obvious then who wore the trousers.

Or maybe with a new baby and having just survived a serious bout of covid he just wanted a few night uninterrupted kip on his holiday?