Has Carrie done for Boris?

Dave-G

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/04/2021 at 12:02, London Best said:

I find it hard to believe that anyone in Boris’ position would need to borrow money or be ‘helped out’ financially for a bit of a flat renovation. Surely amounts such as are being discussed are back pocket money to him?

Johnson according to online sources has a net worth of around £2.9 - £4million. 

I imagine he had to pay a significant amount of that to his ex wife, along with regular upkeep payments. 

His £150,000 PM salary accounts for roughly £7,500 take home per month. 
That’s before he’s paid the ex wife however much she gets as a chunk. 

Now I certainly don’t think Boris is on a bad number, far from it. 

But I don’t seem him being in a position to spend £80k doing up a flat in a blink or being in a position where he doesn’t worry about money at all. 

Hadn’t heard been heard moaning whilst walking around Westminster numerous times, saying how they can’t even afford a decent nanny for his new child?! 

4 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Johnson according to online sources has a net worth of around £2.9 - £4million. 

I imagine he had to pay a significant amount of that to his ex wife, along with regular upkeep payments. 

His £150,000 PM salary accounts for roughly £7,500 take home per month. 
That’s before he’s paid the ex wife however much she gets as a chunk. 

Now I certainly don’t think Boris is on a bad number, far from it. 

But I don’t seem him being in a position to spend £80k doing up a flat in a blink or being in a position where he doesn’t worry about money at all. 

Hadn’t heard been heard moaning whilst walking around Westminster numerous times, saying how they can’t even afford a decent nanny for his new child?! 

He's got a lot more money than the crew of the KIrkella will have now they have been scuppered by more of his lies     How great we will be     Sounds like it's going to be in dock for the next two years We could do with all the fishermen to blockade all the ports till things are sorted   Roll on the next election

18 minutes ago, Ratlegs said:

He's got a lot more money than the crew of the KIrkella will have now they have been scuppered by more of his lies     How great we will be     Sounds like it's going to be in dock for the next two years We could do with all the fishermen to blockade all the ports till things are sorted   Roll on the next election

I have two views on this. 

Firstly, the negotiations may not be concluded. Give them some time.

Secondly, the Kirkella is a White Elephant. It is a £50m ship designed to plunder the seas and give nothing back in return.

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

I’m willing and able to do it 

5A659205-3997-4A00-A7D7-CD5F86543D2A.jpeg

that can be very painful using that method..............i have often caught my thumbs inbetween the bricks whilst using it...so be careful how you operate this machine :good:

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

that can be very painful using that method..............i have often caught my thumbs inbetween the bricks whilst using it...so be careful how you operate this machine :good:

The old jokes are the best!

Not that I am suggesting that you are a joke, of course 😂

1 hour ago, amateur said:

The old jokes are the best!

Not that I am suggesting that you are a joke, of course 😂

:lol:everyones a cracker.........."

loved the old joke in the joke section about the talking dog,....been years since i heard that one

Edited by ditchman

3 hours ago, Ratlegs said:

He's got a lot more money than the crew of the KIrkella will have now they have been scuppered by more of his lies     

Why? Members of the UK sea fishing industry voted for Brexit. I lost and many others lost our jobs and/or free movement and/or residency in the EU because of Brexit. Now its the turn of those sea fishermen to own the pain. Let them have it. I have zero sympathy for them. Shouldn't have been so stupid as to be led up the Thames by Farage and up the garden path by Gove. As far as I am concerned let them go to the wall and go to hell.

Edited by enfieldspares

36 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Why? Members of the UK sea fishing industry voted for Brexit. I lost and many others lost our jobs and/or free movement and/or residency in the EU because of Brexit. Now its the turn of those sea fishermen to own the pain. Let them have it. I have zero sympathy for them. Shouldn't have been so stupid as to be led up the Thames by Farage and up the garden path by Gove. As far as I am concerned let them go to the wall and go to hell.

I wonder where we would be vaccination wise if they had NOT listened to the gruesome twosome  

6 hours ago, Ratlegs said:

So what? 

He’s also got more money than the local tramp. 

That’s irrelevant.

People voted for it, lies on both sides. 
Not sure what your point is 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

As with any major change there will always be winners and losers, its not good for individuals when there's a bad outcome, but so far brexit appears to have been a roaring success, I can only imagine how good it would have been if the likes of farage had led negotiations. 

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

four years to leave in name only is no success let alone a roaring one still using the eu corner shop is not trading with the world by any stretch of the imagination 

How have we left in name only? It of course could have been a cleaner break but its so much better than what it was looking like under May, that really would have been brexit in name only. Brexit has literally saved thousands of lives, if we were still part of the EU there's little doubt in my mind we'd have been tied to their useless vaccine roll out, look where we are as a country in comparison, the economic benefits from being able to open up early on its own make it a success story, your post simply isn't based in fact. 

Edited by 12gauge82

Matthew Parris sums it all up rather well;

Voters will tire of living in a one-party state

"Boris Johnson is in trouble again: but (I suspect) rather as Huckleberry Finn was forever in trouble again. Having railed against this squalid imposter for half a decade I’ve found myself muttering, as Dylan Thomas muttered when walking out of a dinner party: “Somebody’s boring me; I think it’s me.” So when it comes to wallpapergate, or whatever, I’m in the back row with my box of popcorn, watching quietly. He’ll survive and the Tories will ride the surf for a while. Labour will continue to struggle. The Liberal Democrats will continue not to matter, and the Greens will carry on failing to break through. Scotland will teeter just short of becoming a one-party state." - The Times

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Matthew Parris sums it all up rather well;

Voters will tire of living in a one-party state

"Boris Johnson is in trouble again: but (I suspect) rather as Huckleberry Finn was forever in trouble again. Having railed against this squalid imposter for half a decade I’ve found myself muttering, as Dylan Thomas muttered when walking out of a dinner party: “Somebody’s boring me; I think it’s me.” So when it comes to wallpapergate, or whatever, I’m in the back row with my box of popcorn, watching quietly. He’ll survive and the Tories will ride the surf for a while. Labour will continue to struggle. The Liberal Democrats will continue not to matter, and the Greens will carry on failing to break through. Scotland will teeter just short of becoming a one-party state." - The Times

always liked matthew parris.................i was so angry when he decieded to step down as an MP because of flack he took being gay

always worth listening to him...i dont always agree with him but i will listen to him.......him and Mary Beard are on my dinner party list..

and bettany hughes for a naughty weekend away somewhere............well thats my bucket list delt with:lol:

Edited by ditchman

15 hours ago, clangerman said:

four years to leave in name only is no success let alone a roaring one still using the eu corner shop is not trading with the world by any stretch of the imagination 

I'm not sure what you use to gather your news opinions, but I would change it to something... Different. 

• 1 year later...

There are some pictures of the finished product of all the "wallpapergate" spending in the papers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10994233/Boris-Carries-home-makeover-couple-spent-200-000-renovating-Downing-Street-flat.html

As someone said, it costs a fortune to look that cheap.  I know London is an expensive dump, but I genuinely cannot believe some of the prices, but then a fool and his money are easily parted.