As retirement approaches,

redial

Go vintage and classic then the options open up to Gamo Webley BSA etc I have a BSA 240 magnum I've had the scorpion pretty much every Webley, Walther LP mod 3 still have that one there all pretty good my fav's are the black star Mod3 240 magnum and a Webley nemesis hence why I still have them.

Edited by Chaz25

21 hours ago, redial said:

Hi,

A round of clays will become a luxury.

Thinking about an air pistol to fill in the gaps. Fancy a springer. Is there anything that comes close to a HW these days.

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks gents, still thinking about the city park hitting clays. Not a make I am familiar with.

On 30/04/2021 at 01:24, mossy835 said:

tn the city park,

Yeah,  that’s where my local clay range is over here.  Well we have a few but the city ran one is in the park,  it’s much cheaper then private ones.  All the old men gather in the mornings there.  There is a pond separating the children play ground from the rifle/clay range.  It’s about a 100 acres, with rental canoes, disk golf, bbq grills.  It’s really nice to be city ran. 

But why do you have to give it up,  I see old men in their 90s busting clays.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

At a guess I'd say cost is the deciding factor.

A round of 100 clays with carts in the UK is usually more than £50.00 without costing fuel and other costs. 

Airguns a tin of 500 top brand pellets around £11.00 targets a few pounds if you buy them, or free if use old boxes of cereals etc.

On a pension with low interest rates so any invested money is making next to nothing.