Browning Ultra XS

Scully

Anyone have one, or had one? The 525 with all the Titanium chokes, shims, weights, pads and bells and whistles? 
Is it only available with the ‘clay’ engraving, or is there a game version with traditional scrolling? 
Thanks in advance. 

When I looked at buying one I worked out which bells and whistles I wouldn't use and ended up buying a 525 laminate plus 2 titanium teague chokes and a smaller butt pad for£1800, I'd like to think the xs has had extra finishing in the action for that price but I'm not hopeful 

21 minutes ago, vmaxphil said:

When I looked at buying one I worked out which bells and whistles I wouldn't use and ended up buying a 525 laminate plus 2 titanium teague chokes and a smaller butt pad for£1800, I'd like to think the xs has had extra finishing in the action for that price but I'm not hopeful 

Thanks. He’s already been down this route with the laminate stocked gun, which personally I think he should have kept, but he’s quite smitten with the Ultra XS now after a visit to Westlands. 

I've got the xs pro and love it. I wont use the barrel/stock weights or the trigger lock. I would of liked a skeet and another quarter choke

instead of 2 half and a x full choke so perhaps i could have a swap with someone. I'm on my 2nd xs and should not have sold the first one..

I think it's worth the price.  

£4500 grand No thanks been winning my Wildfowling club skeet shoot with a Aya no3 magnum lately All jokes aside it does look like a nice Gun Got a fantastic review in shooting times magazine  probably all the gun you need for clays 👍👍

Well we had a ride down to Kelbrook Shooting School yesterday and mate came away with the XS Pro plus all the bells and whistles! Nice gun. Was impressed with the mechanism employed to adjust that comb; much quicker and easier than my old Perazzi!
It had been our intention to have a round of clays to try it out also, but it was chucking it down, so didn’t bother. It was still chucking it down when we passed Coniston, and ditto for Crabtree! 
Quite impressive as to how many guns they’ve managed to cram into that little gun room! We’ll be going again when the weather decides to behave. 

Edited by Scully

1 hour ago, Westward said:

Best Browning sporter ever! Nice size, weight and balance, the one I tried even had half decent triggers. If I absolutely had to have a Browning it would be one of those. 

I’ll have to take your word for it. I’ve handled both the XS Pro and the Pro Sport, but fired neither, and have to say I prefer the latter. 
I’ll get to try mates XS before too long, and am looking forward to it. 

I had an ultra XS prestige about 8 years ago, it was an excellent gun, my mate has a PRO? all black nowhere near as nice, unless rose tinted glasses are  affecting me, for similar money an used Perazzi MX8 can be bought, which is what I have now. Far superior gun

1 hour ago, retromlc said:

I had an ultra XS prestige about 8 years ago, it was an excellent gun, my mate has a PRO? all black nowhere near as nice, unless rose tinted glasses are  affecting me, for similar money an used Perazzi MX8 can be bought, which is what I have now. Far superior gun

I quite agree regarding the Perazzi, and although I like a plain action whether black or in the white, I'm not a fan of gold triggers. The MX8 is a very nice gun and I'd prefer one to either the XS Pro or the Pro Sport, but I much prefer the looks of the MX4C.

Edited by Scully

Mine is a plain action with sporter engraved on action, not highlighted. Very discreet.i don't like the nickel version personally. I think nearly all guns including Browning have gold washed triggers.

Mine is  circa 1999 and closes like a bank vault door.

They hold their value well and I could probably get more for it than I paid 8 years ago

40 minutes ago, retromlc said:

Mine is a plain action with sporter engraved on action, not highlighted. Very discreet.i don't like the nickel version personally. I think nearly all guns including Browning have gold washed triggers.

Mine is  circa 1999 and closes like a bank vault door.

They hold their value well and I could probably get more for it than I paid 8 years ago

My MX4C has ‘Perazzi MX4C’ highlighted in gold in very small letters on a black receiver, and that’s all. It has a black trigger. I own seven OU’s, all are quite plain except the Grand European and none have gold triggers. 
If I liked the gun enough a gold trigger wouldn’t put me off, nor engraving, I simply prefer plain, whether it’s black or silver. 
Im not a fan of the schnabel for e end either, and am very pleased Browning appear to be moving away from them.