Jump to content

Brocock Concept Lite FAC in.22 cal.


Recommended Posts

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of these guns please?

I am considering changing my AA S410Xtra SL as the weight is telling now.

It's a minefield additionally as I am not a fan of regulators, just looking to save some weight.

Not sure at the moment if the concept can be unregulated so anything considered.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, old man said:

Do that already opp.

Hello,ok so your looking for a lighter FAC PCP than the Air Arms which is about 6.5/7llb ?? The Concept weighs about the same, you need something like my FX Veminator MK 1 in FAC , a tad over 5 llbs, ? in 22 FAC you should get about 80/100 shots at 28 ft llb, I get 160 plus in sub 12 22

Edited by oldypigeonpopper
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello,ok so your looking for a lighter FAC PCP than the Air Arms which is about 6.5/7llb ?? The Concept weighs about the same, you need something like my FX Veminator MK 1 in FAC , a tad over 5 llbs, ? in 22 FAC you should get about 80/100 shots at 28 ft llb, I get 160 plus in sub 12 22

Thanks opp, one on the looking list but a quick look says only 20/22 fpe from a .22?

Edited by old man
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, old man said:

Thanks opp, one on the looking list but a quick look says only 20/22 fpe from a .22?

Hello, go on the UK airgun forum and contact a chap called the Logun-ator (Mick) and he will tell you what can be done on power with the Verminators , he's an expert on loguns and FX air rifles, I think a sub 12 like mine can be up graded to a FAC but once done it stays FAC although I maybe wrong , let me know how you get on ?, FX do some new rifles in FAC and some a light compared to AA and Brocock , let me know how you get on, cheers

Edited by oldypigeonpopper
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I have the same in sub 12 and wondered if they can be made to shoot FAC ?

I’m sure they can but the short barrel limits the power. I find 24 is just s great. Any further distance I’d use my rimfires 

Edited by Fisheruk
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

I’m sure they can but the short barrel limits the power. I find 24 is just s great. Any further distance I’d use my rimfires 

Hello, 24/28 ft llb would be enough for me, I have a 22 LR as well, I might contact logun Mick  to see what costs as TVP said I could have one on my ticket, cheers

Edited by oldypigeonpopper
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, 24/28 ft llb would be enough for me, I have a 22 LR as well, I might contact logun Mick  to see what costs as TVP said I could have one on my ticket, cheers

As you know you can manually turn the power down. 1/2 = 17 ft/lb. Low = 10.5 ft/lb.

I don’t change the power because I only use it for hunting and it does alter the POA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fisheruk said:

As you know you can manually turn the power down. 1/2 = 17 ft/lb. Low = 10.5 ft/lb.

I don’t change the power because I only use it for hunting and it does alter the POA.

Hello, if I had this done to my FX I would just get it done on 24 ft llb as mick advised, will have to apply to TVP, I have another sub 12 PCP to use for my usual ratting pest control, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2021 at 18:15, Ultrastu said:

If you use a light weight .22 pellet like a jsb rs  at 13.4 grns 24 fpe gets you to around 880 fps which is plenty fast enough for a flat trajectory and plenty of power for anything other than wildebeest  .

This 👍.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/05/2021 at 22:58, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, 24/28 ft llb would be enough for me, I have a 22 LR as well, I might contact logun Mick  to see what costs as TVP said I could have one on my ticket, cheers

Hello, after contacting Mick the cost and change over to FAC is not worth doing, so it is a matter of buying an original FAC air rifle if TVP approve, I will look to sell the FX in due course, cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...