Fac thanks!

Dazv

Hi guys! 

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to 2 guys off the forum for helping me out with some shooting and letters of recommendation for the feo! 

Bruno22rf and deer243 you are both absolute gents and I can't thank you enough! 

I started with Bruno22rf going though some of the ins and outs of fac rifles and some hints and tips to go with them and then headed out to do my first but if fac shooting. It was fantastic I learnt lots even though I ended up shooting his knife!(which I'm replacinghah) I had a great time shooting rifles learning and hearing all sorts of funny shooting stories after that day I was hooked! 

Then came my 3hour journey to nolfolk with deer243 where I spent the weekend. We jumped in his truck headed out to one of his permissions and within 10mins of arrive had seen a roe buck and doe and multie muntjac not to mention the millions of beautiful hares that roam the feild. Within the next 5 minutes we had gone on a short stalk and he dropped a munty which then lead into a lesson is processing a carcass! 

spent the next couple of hours going though safety and shooting of various calibers.

that evening we wanders over to a different permission where on the way we had the chance to watch a heard of 15wild reds and then move on the stalk a munty doe. I was handed the rifle in the last stages of our stalk were I took the shot and dropped my first deer which was an incredible experience! The next we butchered a deer he had shot a few days before which i was loaded up with the meat and my deer and headed back home to talk my girlfriends ear off about it! 

Got to say you were both so generous inviting me over and talking the time out of the time to teach me and let me shoot your rifles I now feel I have a leg to stand on with the feo this time thansk to you both! 

Cheers guys 

Darren Ps that muntjac is possibly the nicest meat I've ever eaten! 

It was a pleasure taking out Daz. He is a credit to his generation. He easily attained the FE/DSC1 shooting standard including the new freehand 10m dispatch shot. His first shot at a munty was textbook and it dropped perfectly. I was impressed with the way he managed to take his time on the shot and cope with the adrenaline rush. His first gralloch was not bad either with lower legs correctly removed at the flats and head removed easily.

Good luck with the application this time around.