Harkila Boots

chessy

Hi everyone hope you're safe and well. I'm looking to see what people think of Harkila Boots. The reason is that I bought a pair of the Driven Hunt GTX about a year ago, had cause to sebd them back after only 7 months light use only to have my claim under the 2 year warranty dismissed. I am in the process of taking the shop who I bought them from to  court under the Consumer Rights Act. Don't want to name the party concerned at this time. They will no doubt claim in the proceedings that they have sold loads of these boots with no complants, backed up by Harkila themselves, which from the general comments on this and other forums I doubt very much. If anyone has had the same happen to them I would be grateful if you would resond to this post so that I have some numbers to throw back at them . regards, chessy.

Bought Harkila GTX boots from Norris’ some years ago now. Took them back as they leaked in at the heel. Replaced them with another pair which did the same and replaced those with the much improved ( so I was led to believe, having owned a pair previously ) Le Chameau. 
Have Meindl and Matterhorn currently and am perfectly happy with them, the former being three seasons old coming up to a fourth.

After seeing them and talking to an owner, I think my next will be Brandecosse Diemes; am not too far from their place of manufacture. 

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

No manufacturing problems with mine but made my feet ache like hell so sold them on and bought Brandecosse Diemes

I bought some Merrels GTX the other week - only worn them a couple of times - but I am crippled the next day after wearing them on my right foot. Funny as quite a few people I shoot with wear this brand with no issue 😞 so it must be my feet.

1 hour ago, discobob said:

I bought some Merrels GTX the other week - only worn them a couple of times - but I am crippled the next day after wearing them on my right foot. Funny as quite a few people I shoot with wear this brand with no issue 😞 so it must be my feet.

Insoles? Muck boots did the same to me until I got insoles. 

15 minutes ago, Scully said:

Insoles? Muck boots did the same to me until I got insoles. 

I have thought about that - I had a choice of two pairs  that fitted (Amazon Wardrobe - 6 pairs ordered) - it actually felt at the time that the Merrels gave more support on the foot where the other ones seem to give no support under my foot - sort of flat so I chose them - only worn them 4 times but every time I have had extreme difficulty walking the next morning.

Might give another insole a try through before I sell them on.

1 hour ago, discobob said:

Soles too soft. The Brandecosse are a traditional hard welted sole so don’t flex on rough ground. I do mostly hill work so need a very sturdy boot.

I am rather disappointed in my Boa, for the price (£269) i really expected them to last more than 3 years. The week point are the areas around the stitching around the ball area of the foot. They are comfortable to wear, and have been waterproof in some harsh conditions. 

I will not be buying again i'm afraid and wont recommend them. 

I gave them a go but will be wearing my Scarpa this winter, 100%reliable and have always lasted 10 years plus, in fact recently i have relegated a pair to the gardening and their in the 14th year. After buying a new pair a couple of years ago.