Man in 40s pinned down and raped

old'un

'He described his alleged attacker as being black, around 5ft 10, with stocky build, short black hair and a prominent gap between his front teeth.

He added that he was clean shaven and spoke English but was not fluent.'

Sounds like a cultural misunderstanding then ?:w00t:

33 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Not Norfolk then?

We have our own nutter raping women in Downham Market. These crimes have become so common they are no longer reported except locally unless there is some sort of out of 'wow' factor. Voting for any party that says they will get tough on crime is now a pointless excercise.

44 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

After reading the report in the link I couldn`t help notice there is more of a description about how nice the area is for walkers and the likes than there is about the crime. 😡

Mustn't upset racial sensitivities must they.

What an appalling incident.

Whilst the tone of the article was a bit weird in selling the scene as a local attraction, the description of the attacker and the incident itself seemed adequate enough I thought. 

It's not like his race was not mentioned and I didnt feel like I needed or wanted any more specific details on how a man was raped so I'm struggling to see why those things would become the focus of the thread.

4 hours ago, 243deer said:

We have our own nutter raping women in Downham Market. These crimes have become so common they are no longer reported except locally unless there is some sort of out of 'wow' factor. Voting for any party that says they will get tough on crime is now a pointless excercise.

thats bad, hope they get him

3 hours ago, henry d said:

Some news outlets are using "reportedly" and "allegedly" and I haven't seen it on the local TV news yet, not sure why there is a difference?

Got to be honest I kind of agree with you here, I did feel there's the chance the guy reporting could be nuts or something just because of the way the article is written. But then it's no surprise this would be your view due to the alleged attackers ethnicity, I wonder if you'd have the same view if the alleged attacker was white? 

If they catch a rapist sentence them. A man who rapes women should be put in a female prison for twenty years hard labour. The guy raping men should do his time in a gay wing for other's to enjoy and abuse.   They will only enjoy it for a short while then after time will be screaming for humane right's 

Edited by bottletopbill

4 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Going to be honest, I feel like I could stop a rape if I wanted to.  I mean I feel like I could just fight a little bit and stop it.  

That was my initial thoughts but thinking about it he may have been a weak/feeble man, or possibly threatened with violence and fearing for his life.

But as you say, I would also think most reasonably fit men could put up some sort of resistance to stop being raped, but if a gun or knife was being held at your head or throat then what's your next move? :hmm:

5 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Going to be honest, I feel like I could stop a rape if I wanted to.  I mean I feel like I could just fight a little bit and stop it.  

Nothing like a bit of victim blaming, someone near me fought back when they were raped and had their head bashed in with a brick. But I suppose they could have stopped it if they wanted to. 

Must admit, when I initially saw the headline, my thoughts were ‘how on earth do you pin down and rape a man?’ 
Unless they’re physically disabled or threatened with some sort of weapon, I’d think it was a monumental and exhausting act, especially when you consider just how difficult it is to just pin someone down, nevermind doing anything else to them. 
Martial arts hold? With one hand? Let’s face it the other hand will be busy elsewhere! 🤷‍♂️

I would think it neigh on impossible for one man to rape another fit healthy conscious male who was actively physically resisting with everything they had. A weapon is possible or the individual went into flight, fight, or freeze and did the latter. 

I would fight to my last and choose death over what's alleged to have happened to the victim, although, I feel the same if someone tried to Rob me of anything, I'm stubborn like that, even then, with enough determined individuals I suppose it could happen to anyone. 

If this story is correct, I feel for the victim, its not what any of us expect when going for a stroll and if their is a perpetrator we should hang them and that goes for any rapist. 

Shall we say he was inappropriately dressed and brought it upon himself too?

I'm no expert on such matters but I do know male rape victims suffer even more because they are expected to have fought back enough to prevent the attack. That makes it even more traumatic for them and does indeed lead to suicide in far too many cases.

Some pretty shameful comments in this thread tbh.