Boston/Spalding

Centrepin

Sat in my caravan today in the torrential rain and high wind I wished I was either fishing or shooting which is what I came here for.

The minute the rain stopped, still a wind blowing, more pigeon than I see in a year on my perm descended on the crops and just plowed field behind the lakes I'm staying on. 

It's a fantastic opportunity for anyone in this area to secure a local perm. Too far from home for me to be regular. 

Anyone interested I can send the grid references or just pop a map up?

Over to you. 

15 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Sat in my caravan today in the torrential rain and high wind I wished I was either fishing or shooting which is what I came here for.

The minute the rain stopped, still a wind blowing, more pigeon than I see in a year on my perm descended on the crops and just plowed field behind the lakes I'm staying on. 

It's a fantastic opportunity for anyone in this area to secure a local perm. Too far from home for me to be regular. 

Anyone interested I can send the grid references or just pop a map up?

Over to you. 

Sadly you didn't pick the best of weeks for a caravan holiday but I am sure you will still enjoy the area when you can get back out once the rain stop .

I have been up that way a few times but never taken my gun , we are lucky compared to some as far as pigeon shooting go , not the best area but certainly not the worse , like most places we have good days as well as our share with the lean ones . GOOD LUCK , today the sun is out and far better than yesterday .

33 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Sadly you didn't pick the best of weeks for a caravan holiday but I am sure you will still enjoy the area when you can get back out once the rain stop .

I have been up that way a few times but never taken my gun , we are lucky compared to some as far as pigeon shooting go , not the best area but certainly not the worse , like most places we have good days as well as our share with the lean ones . GOOD LUCK , today the sun is out and far better than yesterday .

Thanks, been out with the dogs on the Wellend at Fosdyke, bit windy. Collected some pork pies and sat contemplating fishing now.

If you are able, try the Witham at tattersall bridge ( but not till the 16th June sadly), 12 feet deep, slow moving and full of roach and bream plus some good pike, permanent peg 101 upstream of the bridge used to win most of the matches with a large bream holding place, if you like still water ( closed season ) the gravel pits all around tattersall are great sport, 

My nephew is a tractor driver on 10.000 acres of brassicas just outside Spalding,, pigeons all over it, I have had one day out there but we missed out on the big numbers but still a good day, no good for me as its 2 hours drive and I have plenty of perms on the doorstep, 

Good luck with the fishing. 

1 hour ago, lakeside1000 said:

If you are able, try the Witham at tattersall bridge ( but not till the 16th June sadly), 12 feet deep, slow moving and full of roach and bream plus some good pike, permanent peg 101 upstream of the bridge used to win most of the matches with a large bream holding place, if you like still water ( closed season ) the gravel pits all around tattersall are great sport, 

My nephew is a tractor driver on 10.000 acres of brassicas just outside Spalding,, pigeons all over it, I have had one day out there but we missed out on the big numbers but still a good day, no good for me as its 2 hours drive and I have plenty of perms on the doorstep, 

Good luck with the fishing. 

Thanks, I had a good day fishing yesterday, roach, rudd and some oddly shaped stunted wild carp plus some stocked carp that unfortunately will take a bare hook. I try and avoid the stockies, probably to the amusement of those who catch photograph and tell you a 2lb fish is nearly 10lb.🤣

Shooting today, East of England ground. Back to fishing tomorrow 😁