Leicestershire firearms

Well i tip my hat to leicester firearms dept , 19 days from completing the online co-terminus renewal forms to them dropping onto the door mat , Including explosives ticket over the phone interview and no doctors letter malarky.ย  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Edited by Andy H
more info

12 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Always found them to be the A Team but nice to know that the present squad are keeping up with the common sense approach by the late John Toon when he was in charge.ย 

Who was in charge fifteen years ago?ย 
My certificates are with Derbyshire but I had stalking in Leicestershire and they contacted me seriously trying to tell me that they required me to contact them each time before I visited.ย 
I just told them it simply was not going to happen and heard nothing further.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

That was coming from on high and came baout due to ...I believe... a suggestion by someone at BASC suggesting we should all call the police when going shooting.ย  As far as I am concerned it died a death.

It was more like stillborn in my case!

10 hours ago, London Best said:

It was more like stillborn in my case!

I had the same letter from them. As said some over educated idot in the Dream Factpry.ย  The lasses and guys at the pointy end have always been sensible in my memory, certainly when Toony was in charge.

I was required to get a police reference number to cross the border during lockdowns in order to get through the roadblocks. They wanted me to call them when I had finished shooting too. They were always polite and said that regardless of lockdown I should call them before shooting to avoid unnecessary call outs. Unfortunately, whilst it would be no effort for me to do whilst driving to the shoot I will not do it asย I feel that it would be a overbearing restriction of freedom. If I started to do it then it would only encourage them to consider it the norm.