should i buy a webley patriot .22

hk101

im thinking of buying an air gun and found a webley patriot .22 going for £150 it looks to be in alright shape however i dont know if its a good deal or should i save my money for something better,

Edited by hk101

If you need to ask then I may suggest that, if you really wanted it, you would now have it already. So many to choose from at about the same price break. To say one is 'better' than another is a misnomer, at best. We all prefer certain things but that does not make it better in the true sense. 

You obviously like something about this rifle in particular, which others may not see, and that may dampen your enthusiasm. Buy it, is you want it. Your decision, your cash. I hope you get pleasure with whatever you end up with.    

Edited by Rockhamster

The fact is the power produced by the Patriot is out weighed by it's lack of accuracy. My experience of them (although limited) is that they would'nt  shoot accurately beyond 35yrds or so, in which case a sub 12ftlb gun would surfice.

Might be better off with an eliminator, easier to adjust the power to find a sweet spot, which will probably be around 20ft lb in .22, they’re beautifully engineered with a fine stock. I’m not really a fan of mechanical fac powered air rifles, but I think out of what’s available, the eliminator is probably the best? They can be picked up for a couple of hundred, which for the build quality and finish isn’t bad value. Their 12ft lb Theoben equivalents go for a lot more than that, and for good reason.