French Fisherman

oowee

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least the navy has better weather for a battle with fishing boats than the first Cod war I was involved in. Iceland for Christmas and new year 1978 Every wave that came over our bows froze as it hit the deck. And our guys were fishing in it!!

at least it is closer than the Falklands!! and the opposition is more inept than the Argies - unless they call in the Foreign Legion.

I had a school mate, joined the Marines, went AWOL to the Foreign Legion, returned, Jailed, then last I knew he was apparently SBS!!

45 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

At least the navy has better weather for a battle with fishing boats than the first Cod war I was involved in. Iceland for Christmas and new year 1978 Every wave that came over our bows froze as it hit the deck. And our guys were fishing in it!!

I watched the first one on the news as a youngster. There was all sorts of ramming and collisions from what I remember. Guessing the new navy boats won't be tough enough for ramming and barging? 

54 minutes ago, Scully said:

😀 Hope Jersey is well stocked up on candles! 

Yep I saw that, the brink of war :lol:

1 hour ago, Scully said:

they have their own power station.....................and the french electricity is a commercial agreement and nothing to do with the french govt...........the woman must be related tp Von-der-lydon...........

bring on tyhe cod wars 2...and we will end up throwing potatoes at them like last time..........

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

they have their own power station.....................and the french electricity is a commercial agreement and nothing to do with the french govt...........the woman must be related tp Von-der-lydon...........

bring on tyhe cod wars 2...and we will end up throwing potatoes at them like last time..........

Fair enough. Every days a school day. 👍

Simon beat me to it.  Power is not a problem for the Islands and all the pathetic French are doing is damaging their own reputation and as I have said before just check your labels when buying produce. My local village shop sell buggerettes and I pruchased a packet thinking they would be British made but no, imported from France and I did inform the owner...who is a friend...and he was not aware.  I personally have not knowingly purchased anyhting French since the lamb wars which many of you will have no knowledge of but that was again the mardy French attacking our lorries at the ports and setting some on fire.   

Stick two fingers up to them and remind them of the war and the English arrows.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Edited by Walker570

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

Simon beat me to it.  Power is not a problem for the Islands and all the pathetic French are doing is damaging their own reputation and as I have said before just check your labels when buying produce. My local village shop sell buggerettes and I pruchased a packet thinking they would be British made but no, imported from France and I did inform the owner...who is a friend...and he was not aware.  I personally have not knowingly purchased anyhting French since the lamb wars which many of you will have no knowledge of but that was again the mardy French attacking our lorries at the ports and setting some on fire.   

Perhaps she doesn’t know then? 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

well that about sums it up about the french and EU lounge lizards

Four months into Brexit and the French are spitting their dummy out already. Why am I not surprised? 
Because the French are our biggest enemy, always have been and always will be.

10 minutes ago, London Best said:

Four months into Brexit and the French are spitting their dummy out already. Why am I not surprised? 
Because the French are our biggest enemy, always have been and always will be.

is today the aniversary of the Battle of waterloo....when we gave the frogs a damn good thrashing ?

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

I would love to see Marie Le Pen get in next time around, that would really throw the mardy French cat in amongst the pigeons under the Eiffel.

i think it will come to pass........

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Apparently Le Jupiter himself , Monsieur Macron has arrived to take personal charge of the blockade 🤭

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and outdoors

did he leave his granny at home

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

did he leave his granny at home

😆:lol: Madame Jupiter is indisposed at this time, she is writing the story of her intrepid husbands pursuits, and heroic exploits in the war against the gilet jeunes 😐