New pard

villaman

1 hour ago, telf said:

I read somewhere they would be in the region of £500+ , nice short looking unit but as with most things comes at a price 

Profit margin was always tight on a 007, thats why the price slowly increased over time.

The current A model is a bargain compared to similar stuff like the Vulpine, or Ward 800 at around £700 and £900 respectively, although those 2 might be slightly better in image, they also lack a built in IR and recording facilities.

If they do end up at £500, its really only £100 more than what a retail 007 used to cost, and its supposed to have a better camera.

Early pards were a fantastic price @£330 which I have , knocked spots of every other add on and by far better than the awful photon . Like every thing else things have gone up loads , every time I order building materials, specially timber , I get told ,by the way timber has gone up in price again .

so £500 is still not a bad price for the best all in one NV unit , we have been spoilt in the past 

Yeah at £500 its not a bad price all things considered and it was never going to come in at a lesser price than the current offerings , looks very short maybe even shorter than the ward , dare say there might be a few used pards up for sale when this arrives , time will tell

1 hour ago, telf said:

looks very short maybe even shorter than the ward

Its a LOT shorter than the Ward, and around an inch shorter than the older 007.
This gives it virtually normal eye relief to your day scope without Pard attached, no more butt pad extensions or mounting the scope forward.

47 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Its a LOT shorter than the Ward, and around an inch shorter than the older 007.
This gives it virtually normal eye relief to your day scope without Pard attached, no more butt pad extensions or mounting the scope forward.

👍👍👍

On 07/05/2021 at 12:32, telf said:

dare say there might be a few used pards up for sale when this arrives , time will tell

There are some retailers taking pre orders with a lead time of 4-6 weeks.

Retail is around £540 !
Personally I dont think its a big enough upgrade to warrant an extra £200, but each to their own.

Thats  not a bad price really , still got to be the cheapest ( i think ) and may be the smallest  NV unit going , if  their saying 4-6 weeks its probably going to be longer than that anyway  , i think the size of them may well be the selling point due to the fact people wont need stock extensions or having to move the scope forward , plus its new and everybodylikes new toys , if i were in the market for a NV unit i would probably  give one a go

On 11/05/2021 at 18:17, ant.mass said:

the old nv007 isn't going anywhere so i cant see them selling many not at that price anyway

Apparently they wont be making the A model once the current stocks are depleted, so if you dont already have one , there wont be much choice.

This brings it more into line with current add on offerings like the Vulpine, but at the end of the day , Pard has established itself as a premier NV brand, its always been cheap really, but I reckon you will see later models of things like 008s up in the same kind of price bracket as ATN 4k and Digex.

We were a bit spoiled with Pard prices, thats one of the main reasons they out sold  every other NV by a country mile.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 21/10/2021 at 12:09, Rewulf said:

Ive got my hands on one of these now, so if anyone has any questions fire away.

Ill see if I can put some footage on youtube , but Im not great with that !

Files are too big for here.

What is the ir like , is it any better as the last model is totally **** 

18 hours ago, villaman said:

What is the ir like , is it any better as the last model is totally **** 

I cant say if the UK spec version will be as good , but the one on this Chinese spec is absolutely awesome.
The only thing I dont like with it is at full spot , it exhibits 'grid' like patterns from the pill, but 250 -300 yards , no problem (with the right scope)

Now, I dont normally use the on board IR , I use a separate torch , like a Sirius or Wraith + , its usually better , and preserves the battery in the Pard.
This is the next niggle. Due to the new low light sensor/camera , the more powerful laser torches tend to white out the image to an extent, its not terrible , but the Pards own , slightly weaker laser works better.
This is completely the opposite in the older versions.

It has to be said , this isnt just the old pard in a shorter body, it is a better unit.
Is it worth £540 ?
Not for the upgrade from an older one, unless you have a gun where the 1 inch length difference would matter to you.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, activeviii said:

Well this one didn't last long. No good on a fiar few bolt action powder burners as the battery holder is in the way for the bolt.

Discontinued or just replaced? Back to the old shape again.

The yet to be released 'V' version (yet to be seen in the wild) addresses this gnarly issue.
Basically the older shape with the newer tech on board