Dog attack

dipper

God love the poor fella. I hope he pulls through and the owners found....if its a stray that is and it wasnt deliberately set upon him. it's scary how quick a dog can turn though, it's something that frightens me when I'm out walking with my 6 yr old daughter, she's so into dogs that she will nearly try to go up to any dog to pet it, have to keep reminding her to stay back and wait for permission. 

My wife was close to getting her ankles nipped a few weeks ago, she was out for a walk with my sister in law and had some ugly pug/staffie crossbreed following and making some aggressive moves. She told me she half jokingly said to my sister in law that she hopes a car comes and wallops the dog, and lo and behold her wish came true, some weed smoking idiot young lads tried to round up the dog and chased it onto the road and the dog got "thumped something shocking" according to her.

Edited by Rob85
Spelling

Good job it attacked him and not some innocent person or their dog. Hopefully the dog will be destroyed and the man will live to learn his lesson. 

1 minute ago, Rob85 said:

Bloody Nora! Hope he wasn't trying to beat it into shape or something. 

5 year sentence for that now. 

Just checked on MEN, says owner currently unconfirmed by police. So will retract previous statement. 

1 hour ago, Rob85 said:

when I'm out walking with my 6 yr old daughter, she's so into dogs that she will nearly try to go up to any dog to pet it, have to keep reminding her to stay back and wait for permission. 

Is this asking permission taught at school now ? over the last few years I've noticed a larger amount of children  ask before stroking my dog,  5 years ago hardly any would ask .

20 minutes ago, wascal said:

Is this asking permission taught at school now ? over the last few years I've noticed a larger amount of children  ask before stroking my dog,  5 years ago hardly any would ask .

Not too sure, one of the first trips my daughter's school done was to an open farm so they do kinda get told about animal dangers quite early. I wonder is it also parents getting more savvy with how high profile dog attacks have become.

Apart from teaching them to be wary around animals I think it is just good manners all round. My daughter has struck up quite the friendship at school pickup times with one of the parents who has a beautiful big Airedale terrier called Loco. She also gives me a good excuse to have a yarn with the owners and a wee ruffle behind the ears while I'm there 😁