Hartlepool?

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The future looks grim for Labour, Sir Kier Starmer has not made any breakthrough with the average voter. I had three votes in the elections yesterday and selected Labour in only one (local council elections). And that was only as the standing Conservative (Cherry Povall) is a nasty old witch and even Labour’s one-armed, Somalian, single mum, lesbian refugee would have better represented our ward. 

Edited by WalkedUp

The hard left are always rumbling about takeovers, comebacks etc. which frightens off many potential moderate voters.  Starmer is about as exciting and dynamic as a damp tissue.  The likes of Abbot, Burdon, Russell-Moyle keep opening their big mouths and talking rubbish.

In the ‘blue corner’ Johnson has has quite a successful Brexit achievement, a late, but ultimately successful Covid-19 vaccine programme, and although flawed, manages to be a bit the ‘loveable rogue’ whose good bits exceed his flaws.

Result - he gets support …. at least for now

The Labour candidate was a failed MP in another constituency who sat on a panel which voted to reduce/abolish local hospital services whilst his election manifesto vowed to retain them.

The sitting MP resigned under a cloud of allegations of sexual misconduct.

Starmer is weak. Labour will not be electable for decades.

They were throwing numbers around on the radio but I can't think what they were, sounds like Labour have lost a lot and Conservatives have gained,  considering we have been on and off in lockdowns for the last 12 months I thought Labour might have done ok because of a protest vote.

Seems the general public aren't daft after all.

Angela Rayner, Nandy, Burgon, Zarah Sultana, Thornberry, Corbyn, Dodds, Lammy, Clive Lewis, Jess Phillips, John McDonnell, Long-Bailey, Dawn Butler, Ed Miliband, Diane Abbot et al make Labour completely unelectable. A mixture of race-baiters, communists, class warriors, Remainers, racists, anti semitic, big mouth nightmares. Long may they be members of the Labout party!

20 minutes ago, Blackpowder said:

Do you mean the odious Peter person, BBC radio 43 gave him a good airing this morning, another suit who stole the Labour Party from the working man.

Blackpowder

Slippery snake Mandelson.

2 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

How can the average labour voter identify with Starmer, a QC? Add to that he has done nothing constructive since being appointed leader merely criticise everything that has been done by the Conservatives. 

well they voted for Tony the traitor and his mrs was in a similar job !

8 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

well they voted for Tony the traitor and his mrs was in a similar job !

That was the start of Labour's move away from the working people. Blair's popularity was manufactured. The Party is now paying the price.

there are a few juicy stories about mandelson and his visits to 2 or 3 well healed stately houses in norfolk..........something i would not have believed of him....but i learnt of it first hand...and is confirmed by later stories in the press

nothing illeagal........just something you wouldnt expect from a labour person

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well it appears that it is about to change massively, since 1964 it has had a Labour MP.

Sir Kier Starmer had said that Labour had gone as low as it was possible to get at the last General Election!

Will he resign?

I thought he had. Huge pension from his CPS job and now another from being a useless MP.

Edited by Walker570

So people can not identify with Keir Starmer as he reached the top of his profession. A quick google shows his background to be : skilled working class parents living in a semi, scholarship to Reigate Grammar, law degree at Leeds. Did a year at Oxford as a post-grad.

Evidently not a man of the people like Johnson !  I don't understand but then I gave up caring about politics many years ago as it's like complaining about the weather.

16 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

So people can not identify with Keir Starmer as he reached the top of his profession. A quick google shows his background to be : skilled working class parents living in a semi, scholarship to Reigate Grammar, law degree at Leeds. Did a year at Oxford as a post-grad.

Evidently not a man of the people like Johnson !  I don't understand but then I gave up caring about politics many years ago as it's like complaining about the weather.

Hhhaaahhahh.....:lol::good:...love that

Angela Rayner, Nandy, Burgon, Zarah Sultana, Thornberry, Corbyn, Dodds, Lammy, Clive Lewis, Jess Phillips, John McDonnell, Long-Bailey, Dawn Butler, Ed Miliband, Diane Abbot et al make Labour completely unelectable.

There are a few Tories I wouldn't give the time of day to, but this list speaks volumes. Nandy is about the only one who the public might take to. The rest seem left wing nutcases, but Labour use them on TV way too much. It would be better for Labour if they found people with a brain cell, who didn't irritate the minute they opened their mouth.