Loan of Shotguns

Hi all,

I'm after some advice from the knowledge pool of PW please.

I have had on loan and in my possession, for an extended period, a shotgun from a friend and i am looking to return said item into his possession with no intention of borrowing it again. I have the SGC filled out as required for a loan of more than 72 hours and did notify them but am wondering as to what I do now if anything to "undo" the notification as such?

( I can only get an e-form style response on the website - & can't find the number to my local FEO - Swale area - on there anymore)

OR

Is it not necessary to let them know that I no longer borrow the gun for more than 72 hours and leave my SGC as is? This line of thought then makes me wonder if anything was to happen to the gun in the future (e.g. Theft, loss by owner etc.) where I stand due to having a record on my licence and the police also having a record of me borrowing it?

Also, does the actual owner need to alter their SGC and  notify KP to let them know it is now back in permanent possession at their registered address?

Thanks for your help on this,

Pete.

If your licensing authority email you acknowledging the gun is no longer in your possession-print the whole email exchange with the dates sent and received

They make mistakes and a hard copy of the whole email is indisputable should anything ever get questioned. I transferred a rifle back to dealer once and for two weeks that particular serial number was floating about in cyberspace with no owner. The paper copy of the email exchange completely exonerated me from any blame.