Plantronics M70 bluetooth headset

steve_b_wales

I've been using the above for quite a while, when driving in my car. It's linked to my mobile phone via bluetooth. For some reason, when I try and 'call' someone, a message says 'sure, but first we have to unlock the device', and I can't continue the call. The stupid thing is that if I try it in my house, it works! I contacted Plantronics and spoke to a gentleman from India. According to him, there isn't an 'unlock' option on the earpiece, which I agree with. After suggesting various things, he gave up!

Any idea's what can be causing this problem? I don't mind purchasing a new one, but would like to see if this issue can be resolved first.

I have a Plantronics earpiece which works perfectly in the car.

Are you using voice commands to initiate a call? If so, I can't help you, because I only answer the phone when I'm driving and phone folk when I have stopped.

Edited by amateur

6 minutes ago, amateur said:

I have a Plantronics earpiece which works perfectly in the car.

Are you using voice commands to initiate a call? If so, I can't help you, because I only answer the phone when I'm driving and phone folk when I have stopped.

Yes, I am using voice commands, but only when I'm not actually driving. I'll get my wife to give me a ring when I'm on the way to work tonight. 

52 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Update: Well it receives incoming calls, but I cannot use a voice demand to contact someone when in my vehicle.

Seems like an excellent safety feature to me.

Stop the car, switch the ignition off, dial the call. Problem solved!

I had the exact problem. I returned it. 

I was told there was not The fiction to unlock the phone. 
mine would work with the phone unlocked. 

I have another brand now and have no issues 

Edited by ph5172

9 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

What other have you got? 

Plantronics Explorer 55/50

and the model prior to that. 

occasionally it will bleep but voice command won’t work. Usually turning it off and on or re-pairing it with the phone works. 

I use mine all the time for calls unless I am out. 
I don’t like holding the phone to my ear as I struggle to hear it properly. It also allows me to do bits and bobs while chatting 

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I bought a new bluetooth headset and tried that while parked up in my vehicle. I had the same message ' first we have to unlock your device'. I don't know what the hell is going wrong. With my original one, when I tried it in my wife's car, which was parked across the road from my house, it worked. It also worked when I tried it in my car, which was parked outside my house. It seems to me that for some reason, it's not picking up a signal somewhere. It's linked to my mobile phone via bluetooth.

I'm now lost at what to do next????????