Scotland SNP gains.

markm

2 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

We contribute our fair share to Westminster. Westminster overspends and apportions a share of the overspend as our 'debt' even though its spent on things like Trident, HS2 etc

But The Republic of Scotland wants to be in EU and NATO so that’s irrelevant. As Scotland would have to spend (plus it employees people in SCOTLAND) and you seem happy with the East Coast Main Line paid for by the UK. So trains suit when it suits?  

More SNP lies, spin and rhetoric. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True our education is slipping. Something that needs rectified but university education is still free. How much does it cost in England?

Cos in Scotland, SNP pays for everything. 

True our education is slipping. Something that needs rectified but university education is still free. How much does it cost in England?

so ...are you saying that educational standards are irrelevant.... just so long as it is "free"? Seems to me that UK gov. and its predecessors have been also dumb in their approach to apportionment from the common purse?

1 minute ago, johnphilip said:

Nothing is free , someone is paying for it 

Too true JP..... you, as non-native (= not dyed in the bs) ...are only too well aware that somebody UK has to provide funds for the freeloaders to follow their hedonistic impulses.

6 minutes ago, harkom said:

so ...are you saying that educational standards are irrelevant.... just so long as it is "free"? Seems to me that UK gov. and its predecessors have been also dumb in their approach to apportionment from the common purse?

No, I said education has slipped over last few years. But I also said that this needs to be addressed. However,  fact is that Scotland has free uni places and some of the best universities in the UK. 

2 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

none, we practice catch and release 

so... if you have such big runs of wild salmon,,,, why are you releasing them. .. after "playing" them ..on the end of a "nail".... and then going to the supermarket to buy a bit of "stuff" ...packaged and labelled as ....errr...salmon?

nd some of the best universities in the UK. 

ok then... go on ..give me the names and their ranking.   (remember Gordon Brown was a product).

10 minutes ago, markm said:

Yet another ‘SNP’ rhetoric trip up. How many tax payers in Scotland as a proportion of the adult population?

6 minutes ago, harkom said:

Too true JP..... you, as non-native (= not dyed in the bs) ...are only too well aware that somebody UK has to provide funds for the freeloaders to follow their hedonistic impulses.

Scotlands welfare costs under £3100 per head for benefits and pension.

North East England is just under £3300.

5 minutes ago, harkom said:

so... if you have such big runs of wild salmon,,,, why are you releasing them. .. after "playing" them ..on the end of a "nail".... and then going to the supermarket to buy a bit of "stuff" ...packaged and labelled as ....errr...salmon?

ok then... go on ..give me the names and their ranking.   (remember Gordon Brown was a product).

Do you think I've got the time or inclination to pamper to your needs. Go and Google it yourself 

Just now, Walker570 said:

Agree for what I read that is a fair amount of wishful thinking.

If in doubt,  check it out. If its wrong,  I will double check myself and apologise for unintentionally misleading anyone 

Do you think I've got the time or inclination to pamper to your needs. Go and Google it yourself 

I neither expect nor need your pampering. I only make the point that if you are going to make outlandish claims on a public website that you can actually substantiate your regurgitation of propaganda.

Just to clarify. 

I was always a unionist however looking into the facts and figures, it does make a compelling case for Independence for the benefit of Scotland but unfortunately, to the detriment of the UK.

The SNP have their faults but a vote for Independence is a also a vote to possibly have a different party in an Independent Scotland 

Just now, harkom said:

I neither expect nor need your pampering. I only make the point that if you are going to make outlandish claims on a public website that you can actually substantiate your regurgitation of propaganda.

To be fair, I am trying to respond to several different replies at a time so not capable of proving anything I say at this time. However, I'm putting the info out there. People can take it at face value or look for evidence to support it or dismiss it. If I'm wrong, provide evidence and I will double check and apologise if I'm wrong. 

Just now, stuartyboy said:

Just to clarify. 

I was always a unionist however looking into the facts and figures, it does make a compelling case for Independence for the benefit of Scotland but unfortunately, to the detriment of the UK.

dependent ScotlandThe SNP have their faults but a vote for Independence is a also a vote to possibly have a different party in an In 

hope that you do not mind me asking.... but I would appreciate a list of your references (independent/ academic) that make a compelling case for Indy.

6 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

Just to clarify. 

The SNP have their faults but a vote for Independence is a also a vote to possibly have a different party in an Independent Scotland 

Well fill ya boots fella and good luck to you and everyone else.

Ironically, move away from the borders and there is such an anti English feeling it’s unreal. 

What Scotland doesn’t realise is move away from Northumberland and Cumbria, a lot of the population want shot of you (and a border). 

I find independence sad, but inevitable. You make your bed and lie in it.  The pessimist in me hopes you fail big time. 

Edited by markm

3 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

Just to clarify. 

Some in Scotland  may want independence,  and I accept  that , but the SNP party are not the ones to run an independent  country . They can not run a devolved  country as it is , they are for ever hand back powers to Westminster,