Safe installation

Just tried to fit me safe to breeze block wall. First fittings that came with the safe were no good. Used some bigger anchors but the block just crumbles just before they fully tighten then they spin and pull out. Has anyone used chemical resin before. Was thinking on putting some in the hole then pushing a bolt in so the thread sticks out then filling again up the threaded part and taping it so it stays straight. Do you think this would hold.

Or any other ideas

50 minutes ago, Kojak_79 said:

That's the one I've got. Main problem is the 16mm hole needed for original anchors and I have 10mm bar. Thought of using a M10 bolt backwards as the bolt head is 16mm and tits snug in the hole.

Get a bigger threaded rod and drill the fixing holes bigger in the cabinet if required.

51 minutes ago, Kojak_79 said:

That's the one I've got. Main problem is the 16mm hole needed for original anchors and I have 10mm bar. Thought of using a M10 bolt backwards as the bolt head is 16mm and tits snug in the hole.

Just use more resin if needed. Don’t faff too much about getting it perfect it wilbe grand. 

I have gone the chemical resin route when installing tv ariels & satellite dishes on high rise developments in London (i used to be a roofer and it was something we also did). I used the stuff from Screwfix and never had any issues. I usually went the resin route when the builders had used lightweight thermalite blocks which dont grip rawl bolts very well.

Make sure to blow the dust out of hole after you drill though and dont pick your nose if you get in on your finger.

9 hours ago, 39TDS said:

5800P_P&$prodImageMedium$

I used these in a breeze block wall and I can swing off it without it coming loose.

Do them up tight but over tighten and I expect they mess up.

Same, my cabinet is held to the wall with 4 of those and it was an absolute doddle. I Urge anyone fixing into brick or block work to try these in the first instance.

However the OP has already drilled 16mm holes, hence why we’re telling him to go the resin route, as those masonry fixings in  16mm hole size will be absolutely massively long and expensive

4 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Same, my cabinet is held to the wall with 4 of those and it was an absolute doddle. I Urge anyone fixing into brick or block work to try these in the first instance.

However the OP has already drilled 16mm holes, hence why we’re telling him to go the resin route, as those masonry fixings in  16mm hole size will be absolutely massively long and expensive

I get that bit but I would still consider changing its position slightly and drilling new holes the correct size.