Sonos - driving me potty

Mungler

So, a good few years ago I bought a truck load of Sonos products (4 x One, 1 x playbar and 1 x sub).

Its always been fickle and a pain but I would be able to get it to work.

Now all the older kit has disappeared off the app and I’ve heard the rumblings that Sonos have binned off old kit from the app to encourage everyone with old kit to buy new stuff.

So, whilst the kit I have is old (maybe 6 years old) I looked after it, it’s in good nick and there was nothing wrong with it and I object to replacing it because Sonos have pressed a button somewhere.

So, anyone else have a problem / a work around?

If I sack the lot off, what else is out there and which is future proof - rebuying working hifi kit everyone 5 years is not what I’m in to.

Ta all.

I know very little about Sonos, I still have the old NAD etc separates from decades ago.  However would it be easy for you to just keep an older phone or whatever just for this, and/or just use older versions of the app?

Have you downloaded the new app and added/updated the software on all the speakers you have?! 
Similar happened to me with an older play 1 I’ve got in the lounge but added it onto the new app again after a few attempts! Certainly shouldn’t be defunct just yet!! 

Best way Mungler is buy normal hi fi type kit and add the smart amp or hub connection depending on which you like,plenty out there to choose from. You then connect via the new tech and play through quality older stuff. 

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Best way Mungler is buy normal hi fi type kit and add the smart amp or hub connection depending on which you like,plenty out there to choose from. You then connect via the new tech and play through quality older stuff. 

You know what I weighed that up at the time by the wife won - no cables and no big speakers etc 😆

Im working through a system reset now 

I have a Sonos play five original in white,or should say had my son has it in his bedroom.

I prefer the B&O stuff for not looking like a speaker and sounding good enough to my ears. 

Had expensive separates years ago but thought newer must be better, binned them when I bought a Bose acoustic wave. Nice and neat with warm rich sound. 

Now everything is streamed and you can still use your old hi fi.

11 hours ago, figgy said:

a Bose acoustic wave

I have a 10 year old Bose, it has an AUX input so I got a BlueTooth adapter and stream through the Bose from my phone mostly.  The BT adapter cost about £15.

I believe the older SONOS units do not enough memory for the new software, so they will go the way of the Dodo,

RS