Decoy essentials

You can see it in the back left of this picture, with a Sainsburyโ€™s bag full of empties and a coat on it. The height is set to be โ€˜perchedโ€™, weight off your legs but able to stand and swivel easily.ย 

In terms of decoys I would start with cheap flocked half shells.ย 

Cheap stealth net. I used garden canes instead of poles when I was poorer and didnโ€™t know what to buy but the decathlon poles are good.

The best kit in the world will not get you a bag if pigeons are not committed to feeding in that field.ย 

535287BA-CACB-4264-9182-AEB306E5551C.jpeg

a seat is proberly the most important..............at a lot of times you are going to be doing ziltch.....nada....nutin'..........so at least you might as well be comfortable...the little swivel bucket seats are fine when you are young and fit..........

for the older person i recommend a folding (picnic ) type of seat with a back and sides...........so at least you can be comfortable ...your back supportedย  ย when you are having a quick snooze..:good:

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

You can see it in the back left of this picture, with a Sainsburyโ€™s bag full of empties and a coat on it. The height is set to be โ€˜perchedโ€™, weight off your legs but able to stand and swivel easily.ย 

In terms of decoys I would start with cheap flocked half shells.ย 

Cheap stealth net. I used garden canes instead of poles when I was poorer and didnโ€™t know what to buy but the decathlon poles are good.

The best kit in the world will not get you a bag if pigeons are not committed to feeding in that field.ย 

535287BA-CACB-4264-9182-AEB306E5551C.jpeg

A bit extreme using dogs that blend with the surroundings Walked Up don't you think ? .:hmm:

Brilliant photo of two very happy looking dogsย :good:

I have used a folding type seat with a bag compartments in it so you can carry with strap ,I put my cleaner things in this food drink etc . I use this for fishing , pigeon shooting , tree rat shooting ,I think I got this one from Asea fishing shop years ago

11 hours ago, marsh man said:

A bit extreme using dogs that blend with the surroundings Walked Up don't you think ? .:hmm:

๐Ÿคฃ

It isย commitment to this level of detail that sets apart the fanatical pigeon shooter from your common and garden pigeon shooter ๐Ÿ˜œ

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:
ย 

๐Ÿคฃ

It isย commitment to this level of detail that sets apart the fanatical pigeon shooter from your common and garden pigeon shooter ๐Ÿ˜œ

A commitment at the highest level and P W judges should seriously consider perching you on top of the leader board for going above and behind the call of duty.ย :drinks:

Just now, marsh man said:

A commitment at the highest level and P W judges should seriously consider perching you on top of the leader board for going above and behind the call of duty.ย :drinks:

๐Ÿคฃ

If only it resulted in bigger bags dammit Iโ€™d paint neckbars on the dogs and have they layout in the pattern.ย 

On 10/05/2021 at 21:10, WalkedUp said:
ย 

๐Ÿคฃ

It's a poor show when people shoot wood pigeons in their gardens

On 10/05/2021 at 22:34, marsh man said:

Is behind closer than beyond>

On 10/05/2021 at 22:36, WalkedUp said:

๐Ÿคฃ

If only it resulted in bigger bags dammit Iโ€™d paint neckbars on the dogs and have they layout in the pattern.ย 

That takes the "Magnum" decoy on to another level.

I have always tried to save money on things like decoys , nets etc, but since I got older and began to creak a lot, I had to buy a seat that was comfortable, adjustable legs to sit level on all terrains, adjustable height , swivels 360 degrees, a good strong backrest, and folds down to an easily portable size,

I found the answer in my Bergara Quake industries 'stag'. all terrain seat.

It was around ยฃ80 but after trying it for a few outings I got back in touch with them and bought another, I often have a friend or my son coming out with me and its handy to have a spare anyway, its now 2 years old, has never broken or caused any problems.

I bought the first one on eBay but the second direct from the importer and saved another ยฃ5.

The only thing I found was the seat cushion was a bit firm so I had the wife knock me up a small foam cushion to give me a bit more comfort as many of my sessions will last 5 to 6 hours with a lot of sitting waiting.

They are still listed on eBay but have gone up a little in price , now ยฃ89 listing numberย 330846514737 and are actually being sold by Pigeon Watch.

ย 

Edited by lakeside1000

12 minutes ago, lakeside1000 said:

I have always tried to save money on things like decoys , nets etc, but since I got older and began to creak a lot, I had to buy a seat that was comfortable, adjustable legs to sit level on all terrains, adjustable height , swivels 360 degrees, a good strong backrest, and folds down to an easily portable size,

I found the answer in my Bergara Quake industries 'stag'. all terrain seat.

It was around ยฃ80 but after trying it for a few outings I got back in touch with them and bought another, I often have a friend or my son coming out with me and its handy to have a spare anyway, its now 2 years old, has never broken or caused any problems.

I bought the first one on eBay but the second direct from the importer and saved another ยฃ5.

The only thing I found was the seat cushion was a bit firm so I had the wife knock me up a small foam cushion to give me a bit more comfort as many of my sessions will last 5 to 6 hours with a lot of sitting waiting.

They are still listed on eBay but have gone up a little in price , now ยฃ89 listing numberย 330846514737 and are actually being sold by Pigeon Watch.

ย 

Thank you, I'll have a look at those

There`s one for sale on here (other sales) for ยฃ75 posted. Got to be a bargain.

They are good but as Lakeside said, they benefit from an extra bit of padding to the seat. I found that the top of a swivel bucket seat fits a treat and does the job.

OB