Coolbox

walshie

10 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

I’ve just got a 2nd hand Igloo off the bay.

Very happy with it so far.

Good to hear. The ones I'm looking at area similar price to each other so I wondered if there were any pros or cons. 

Guest cookoff013

Buy a naff one. Re insulate it.

I did this. It keeps food warm for a billion hours, and with a few frozen cool blocks, keeps cool more than 24hrs. 

High cool block ratio.

Been looking at camping fridges and was shocked at the price, we then looked at both the cool box's you mention and are now looking at counter-top fridges. They are a fraction of the price and you have the ability to freeze small amounts in the Ice box. 

Obviously 240v so need a hook-up or Inverter.  

20 hours ago, walshie said:

We need a decent size coolbox. Igloo or Coleman?

Is it something that needs to be portable Walshie? (I'm guessing it is) . If it's something that's static but has no power source , you can't go wrong with an old caravan fridge , and a bottle of ice.

I got one from aldi two years or so ago, looks like the Coleman and igloo wheeled cooler and is fantastic. Has a little lid on it so if you are just getting a can of refreshment you don't need to open the whole thing up and let in the heat. The little lid has a space for a small cooler block so it doesn't warm up via the little lid. Trundles along well on most surfaces except soft sand, but has handles for two to carry.

**Found it** This one but it was reduced to£20/25 iirc

Edited by henry d

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Is it something that needs to be portable Walshie? (I'm guessing it is) . If it's something that's static but has no power source , you can't go wrong with an old caravan fridge , and a bottle of ice.

Yep. Needs to be portable for camping, keeping beer cool at a BBQ and chucking fish in on the boat. 

4 hours ago, walshie said:

Yep. Needs to be portable for camping, keeping beer cool at a BBQ and chucking fish in on the boat. 

we tried several different cool boxes , when we first got the woodland(i cant remember the names now), they were all ok ish , but none of them came anywhere near to the old gas  caravan fridge that i converted . best of luck with your search mate , cold beer and fresh fish , are very serious matters :good:.