Westlands clays/gunroom

Visited Westlands today to purchase a previously viewed shotgun.Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the gun was priced competitively, trade in price was fair. Shop was busy with customers, cafe very busy,outside area also in use. The clay ground was very busy but I managed a few shots to try out gun. Overall, a pleasant experience, although I will visit mid week on my next visit. Regards

Yes they have a cracking set up now I hope it is supported although it is really all about the cabins. I go mid week and it generally quiet. Was there Tuesday after they opened and only one on the clays. Busier last Saturday when I took a young dog to get accustomed to volleys of gunfire.

10 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Yes they have a cracking set up now I hope it is supported although it is really all about the cabins. I go mid week and it generally quiet. Was there Tuesday after they opened and only one on the clays. Busier last Saturday when I took a young dog to get accustomed to volleys of gunfire.

Yes, I wish them well and hope it is successful. I wouldn't think shooting is a growth industry in the current political climate, and a distinct lack of youngsters taking up the sport is a concern. Also, very strange bedfellows, relaxing holiday park v shooting noise. But all the best to them. Regards

I visited on the 29th of April, the new building is quite impressive and the staff have always been friendly. I thought the Perazzi wall a bit pointless, if you want to buy one you would go to the factory and have it made to measure.

So long as the traps are looked after I will go there often as I like the ground and prices have not increased even in the restaurant.