My Octopus Teacher (Netflix)

bigbird

Have any of you seen this? It was quite extraordinary and heart warming / wrenching. Safe to say I’ll never eat Calamari again - well, I never did but now I definitely never will!

The relationship between the octopus and the man was incredible.

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Have any of you seen this? It was quite extraordinary and heart warming / wrenching. Safe to say I’ll never eat Calamari again - well, I never did but now I definitely never will!

TBH - One of the best and most touching thing I have watched in a long time - and awesome cinemaphotography - that last scene with the Octopus before the end - and when you realize what it was - heart wrenching!!

It was also nominated for an Oscar - don't know how it done though

Edited by discobob

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

I have avoided watching it so far, [don't want to get emotionally involved with my food.]  cephalapod's are fantastic in every way though. Here's todays soup in the making, no octopi although i did just put a cuttlefish in the freezer

1907874708_thumbnail(30).jpg.07566ae8d1291209c89b48d35a181639.jpg

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

do they cry out when you cook them.............sooo sad

they are not alive once you have bashed them on the rocks.

40 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I have avoided watching it so far, [don't want to get emotionally involved with my food.]  cephalapod's are fantastic in every way though. Here's todays soup in the making, no octopi although i did just put a cuttlefish in the freezer

1907874708_thumbnail(30).jpg.07566ae8d1291209c89b48d35a181639.jpg

That's making my mouth water, love sea food.

3 minutes ago, old man said:

If only most politicians possessed that sort of intelligence we could benefit hugely ?

i was watching and listening to Milliband on TV today...........................does anyone else think he looks like something out of wallace and grommit ?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

You lot wouldn’t say that if you’d watched it 🙈🙈😩

I watched it . Octopus , crab , lobster . By the time it had finished i was starving . I'd would have been happy just to have the tentacle that the shark ate 😊.

only seen bits of “My Octopus Teacher” it does seem like the Octopus is trying to have some sort of interaction with the diver but I guess any creature will start to show some kind of interaction if you spend enough time with it.

I knew a farmer who used to have a saddle-back pig living in the house, he swore it was human, he would talk to it and it would grunt back at him, the pigs favourite place was lying in front of a big open fire in the living room (self basting), thought if it gets much closer we will have roast pork.

When the pig died he was heart broken, true story.