What would you pay ?

boo

Just made a butchers block/ hefty chopping board in beech , its 15 inch x 15 inch x 2 3/4 inch thick , laminate , its heavy , someone asked for one   , its decent, dont want to under or overcharge, what would the folk of pigeon watch think ?

20210512_134335.jpg

11 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

It's worth every penny of £50.00 , but for a friend of the family , I would probably charge £25.00 . If they know their stuff , they'll be more than happy at that price.

Cheers , wait till I see him , see what he says , also made a cheese board for his daughter.....

Got some acacia under the work bench....

You think that's big mel ! A future project,  just on a 3ft square   3 1/2 inch thick ,all end grain! Thinking of making a butchers block table ! First need a purpose built router sled to tidy up surfaces ......

20210511_125015.jpg

1 hour ago, boo said:

You think that's big mel ! A future project,  just on a 3ft square   3 1/2 inch thick ,all end grain! Thinking of making a butchers block table ! First need a purpose built router sled to tidy up surfaces ......

20210511_125015.jpg

That's a right old chunk of wood 👍.

15 hours ago, boo said:

20210511_125015.jpg

Shame your a few hours away . I’d of drum sanded that for you . Granted it would take an hour 

So its raining again , so out of one table top I quartered it , as in the other block , so to make a full on end grain block , flattened both sides , marked cuts on the flats , ran through table saw , flipped over gives me endgrain boards , 1 1/2 thick , so doubled output ! Need edges planing& gluing up , hopefully make a couple of decent chopping boards , so potentially 8 decent boards out of one slab ! 

20210513_114003.jpg

20210513_114614.jpg

20210513_121636.jpg