Custom fit guards ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

Anyone used these shooting earplugs. If so are they any good ?.

Thanks all.

19 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Thanks all.

Got them, love them. I got fitted for them at the shooting show and have been out half a dozen times with them since. I barley notice I'm wearing them and can still have a conversation with them in, though I do tend to shout a bit :)

1 hour ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Thanks all.

I have the CF Switch, used a discount code from TGS on youtube. £100.

They've been really good,  gunshots are not loud yet you can hear people talking and you dont that thudding in your head from your footsteps.

When I had mine made, I asked them to use a softer shore material for the inner ear part and they did it with no problems.

Process took about 6 weeks in total.

I had some passives recently  - guy came to the house (covid precautions etc) to do the mould and was great

When they came the right ear was slightly 'noisy', and after an email they took it back to be re-lacquered. Returned in a week

The product is excellent,  can hear fine without the gun affecting the ear. And the service I received was exemplary 

33 minutes ago, vmaxphil said:

I've got the digital one's have to say very pleased with them, the home appointment made me go with them as opposed to the other makers 

must admit ive been looking at them all, CENS, Vario etc.. Mate just purchased the micro lens ones and says they're great so far. im using some 3m Combat arms type ones with a switch cost around £20 (can get them cheaper) and they work really well link here.  I do have some Over ear electronics, howard Leight ones, which work but have hit the stock when i used them so they've sat there brand new, unused since i bought them. im going to push the button sone on some moulded in ears soon. just missed CFG in my area as well...Doh!

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 08.04.32.png

Edited by TK421

3 hours ago, TK421 said:

must admit ive been looking at them all, CENS, Vario etc.. Mate just purchased the micro lens ones and says they're great so far. im using some 3m Combat arms type ones with a switch cost around £20 (can get them cheaper) and they work really well link here.  I do have some Over ear electronics, howard Leight ones, which work but have hit the stock when i used them so they've sat there brand new, unused since i bought them. im going to push the button sone on some moulded in ears soon. just missed CFG in my area as well...Doh!

Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 08.04.32.png

Keep an eye on the cfg website they go round the country on a regular basis 

20 hours ago, Pangolin said:

I have the CF Switch, used a discount code from TGS on youtube. £100.

They've been really good,  gunshots are not loud yet you can hear people talking and you dont that thudding in your head from your footsteps.

When I had mine made, I asked them to use a softer shore material for the inner ear part and they did it with no problems.

Process took about 6 weeks in total.

Don’t suppose you can remember the discount code

• 3 weeks later...

The chap came to my house last Saturday and took my ear impressions and said i would get them in about 18 days.

So i will let you know what i think of them a couple of weeks after i have tried them out. 

I bought  the CF switch ones.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Free range Rob said:

I’m looking into getting something, just looked and seen I missed the local appointments recently.

be interested to hear feedback on these.

I have some and they are fine if you wish to stop noise but speech is muffled and bird noises is non existent, Wasted my money as I cant see me ever using them.

I intend to buy some Vario digital.

54 minutes ago, Shotkam said:

I have some and they are fine if you wish to stop noise but speech is muffled and bird noises is non existent, Wasted my money as I cant see me ever using them.

Pretty pointless then, I was hoping to keep as much normal noise as possible just block out the shots

6 minutes ago, Free range Rob said:

Pretty pointless then, I was hoping to keep as much normal noise as possible just block out the shots

I have CFG digital ones and same as digital over ear defenders they enhance normal hearing (depending what setting you put them on) and only block out the shots. 

1 hour ago, Shotkam said:

That’s the non digital ones? 

9 hours ago, Shotkam said:

I did exactly the same. Passive are a step up from ear plugs but still not enough sound. Can’t hear traps on clays etc. 

I’ve ended up getting the 3M Peltor digital Earplugs which are fantastic, cheaper than all the rest and don’t charge you the ‘shooting’ premium on top like other brands do etc. 
3m have also just revised the range which now includes 4 sensitivity setting, they also have built in rechargeable batteries and auto power off. So no need to buy batteries or keep pulling them out to turn them off either. 

90A1F9D4-A485-41C9-BB57-33B0935D0499.jpeg

Edited by TK421