Custom fit guards ?.

samboy

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I have CFG digital ones and same as digital over ear defenders they enhance normal hearing (depending what setting you put them on) and only block out the shots. 

That’s the non digital ones? 

So, in reality, I’m looking at £300 plus whichever brand I go for, got me thinking how much advantage I will get compared to over ear at say £70-£80

12 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

Passives don't really bother me. They're comfy, I can hear talking when a want to, tune it out when I don't, and they reduce the bangs significantly. I'd go for electronic if I could justify the cost, but passive are fine for my normal clay ground use

i totally agree, going from earplugs to passive was a big step for me. just having a slightly better ability to hear ambient sounds affected my shooting in a positive way. was quite shocking actually. then stepping up to digital/active ear plugs was the final step. like me i couldn't justify the expense of the major shooting brands, my 3M's cost £150, i also ordered an extra set of Skull screw ear tips. im happy with that. Mate has had the CENS Mino for a good few months now. he's burning through batteries every time we go shooting he's putting a new set in, as they dont auto shut off, so he's always pulling the batteries after each shoot, when he remembers. he's also complained of wind noise and a few other complaints. his feedback steered me away from the CENS. 

Not had the 3M's long but will report back in a separate thread once ive spent some time with them. but so far im impressed. 

I've had them as I couldn't warrant electric ones but my standard foam plugs blocked everything! 

I had the passives and think they're spot on..I can hear people but they block the shots.

From foam plugs they're miles better, but if I went shooting more often I'd probably go for the electric cens

14 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I have CFG digital ones and same as digital over ear defenders they enhance normal hearing (depending what setting you put them on) and only block out the shots. 

That’s the non digital ones? 

If you look at the cost over say 5-6 years its nothing - 2 pheasants - and I really wish to look after my hearing.

Vario are absolutely top notch as they use different technology to any others. If you have a hearing test done they can calibrate the digital protections so the poor ear is enhanced to match the better ear.

I highly, highly recommend you give the main man at Vario a call if you are undecided which digital to buy, as I have said before.

They have discontinued selling passives for a reason.

Yes passives ok for very occasional users.

I am off to the Audiologist week to get a prescription to send to Vario, so if I have any hearing imbalance they can program that out for perfect hearing.

I plan to take the CFG switch passives with me just to confirm how much ambient noise they block - perhaps they forgot to drill them but I like to hear what is going on out shooting and when communicating with others their voices sound like I have suffered industrial noise damage !

This is my accurate feedback on how I personally find them, so it is up to the individual to draw their own conclusions.

The 2 market leaders offer a money back guarantee if not satisfied. Discussed this with CFG - no chance sir.

51 minutes ago, Shotkam said:

I am off to the Audiologist week to get a prescription to send to Vario, so if I have any hearing imbalance they can program that out for perfect hearing.

Is this just for the revolution 6's only?  I've been using the revolution 3's for about 6 months and they're excellent but not sure i'd stump up the extra £250 for this service.

2 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Received mine on Thursday and tried them out today on 2 rounds of skeet and i dont think their anything special. 

Think i will go back to my Peltor sporttacs.

Disappointed to hear that as I'm still waiting for mine. I'm wanting to get away from over the head type.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine finally arrived, advertised as 15 - 20 days.

Took 25 days and they're not even the electronic ones🙄

I would say on first use they're as good as my 3M Peltors and better than squashy ones or the cheaper Nitehawk or ex Army ones I keep as spare.

I don't understand the little module that's inserted, it does nothing. 

On reflection I should have bought the cheapest.

If you use the lube that comes with them it attracts all manner of dust and dog hair. Better if wiped dry, lubed with a bit of spittle and inserted.

One last moan😆 I ordered red, in case I dropped one to find it, their red is a kind of pink🤣🤣

Guys just a quick update on the 3M EEP’s. Few weeks out with them now and I’m really impressed with them. Auto shut off is great and the charging in the case is so easy. I’ve got into plugging the USB into the car on the drive back home, by which time they’re charged when I get back home. 

ive also just upgraded the foams to the 3M skull screws, (2nd pic) I can honestly say the sound isolation is the best I’ve ever had with these skull screws fitted. I’ve ordered a load of extra sets from the US but they’re currently  on back order. 

I will when I get chance start a new thread regarding these with a more detailed review, just thought to add it here for reference. 

5FC13CBE-5F49-4BF1-AF4B-EBE4E0E6E209.jpeg

image.jpg