Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon 3 Sporter

bev6345

21 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

Hi I’ve been looking at treating myself to a game Gun and The silver pigeon 3 is a gun I would like to try.

A great review nicely done and loads of information, it makes me want one even more now I guess I just got an Itch that needs scratching.

thanks for sharing

regards sf1

Any idea of the weight of the new SP III game version? 👍🏻

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Article I read (The Field?) said a little over 7 1/2 lbs for 12 bore 30" barrelled version.

Hi I read the same around 7 1/2 pounds, interestingly the Sporter is not much more, I looked at a silver pigeon 3-game about two weeks ago Country why guns in West mauling and quite liked it apart from it being right-handed. But I’m keeping an open mind at the moment I’d like something around 7 1/2 pounds I think nicely balanced and left-handed of course i’m thinking about taking a trip to Oxford Guns to have a look what they have and maybe get something fitted as well

Edited by silver fox 1

21 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Any idea of the weight of the new SP III game version? 👍🏻

They weigh 7 1/2 lbs give or take an ounce, I bought 1 a couple of weeks ago,  only used it on a quick 25 Clay's but very impressed with it. 

Handles well and is very pointable,  I used 24 gram 71/2 s and it felt very good in the shoulder. Would have done more clays but the rain started.

5 hours ago, scobydog said:

They weigh 7 1/2 lbs give or take an ounce, I bought 1 a couple of weeks ago,  only used it on a quick 25 Clay's but very impressed with it. 

Handles well and is very pointable,  I used 24 gram 71/2 s and it felt very good in the shoulder. Would have done more clays but the rain started.

Just weighed my SP 687 12 bore sporter (2004 one I think) ... 8lb 2.3oz. 

My SP 686 20 bore ... 6lb 8.8oz. 

5 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Just weighed my SP 687 12 bore sporter (2004 one I think) ... 8lb 2.3oz. 

My SP 686 20 bore ... 6lb 8.8oz. 

Interesting;

My 57 EL field model (ancestor of Silver Pigeon) weighs 7 lbs 5 oz (12 bore 28" barrels)

My SO6 (again field) model weighs 7 ibs 15 oz (12 bore 30" barrels) and feels noticeably heavy

Two Merkel 303s in my cabinet weigh 7 lbs 3 oz and 7 lbs 7 oz (both 12 bore 28" barrels) and feel relatively light and fast.  The weight on these is very 'central' between the hands.