Jump to content

Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon 3 Sporter


Recommended Posts

Hi I’ve been looking at treating myself to a game Gun and The silver pigeon 3 is a gun I would like to try.

A great review nicely done and loads of information, it makes me want one even more now I guess I just got an Itch that needs scratching.

thanks for sharing

regards sf1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

Hi I’ve been looking at treating myself to a game Gun and The silver pigeon 3 is a gun I would like to try.

A great review nicely done and loads of information, it makes me want one even more now I guess I just got an Itch that needs scratching.

thanks for sharing

regards sf1

 


Any idea of the weight of the new SP III game version? 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Any idea of the weight of the new SP III game version?

Article I read (The Field?) said a little over 7 1/2 lbs for 12 bore 30" barrelled version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Article I read (The Field?) said a little over 7 1/2 lbs for 12 bore 30" barrelled version.

Hi I read the same around 7 1/2 pounds, interestingly the Sporter is not much more, I looked at a silver pigeon 3-game about two weeks ago Country why guns in West mauling and quite liked it apart from it being right-handed. But I’m keeping an open mind at the moment I’d like something around 7 1/2 pounds I think nicely balanced and left-handed of course i’m thinking about taking a trip to Oxford Guns to have a look what they have and maybe get something fitted as well

Edited by silver fox 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:


Any idea of the weight of the new SP III game version? 👍🏻

They weigh 7 1/2 lbs give or take an ounce, I bought 1 a couple of weeks ago,  only used it on a quick 25 Clay's but very impressed with it. 

Handles well and is very pointable,  I used 24 gram 71/2 s and it felt very good in the shoulder. Would have done more clays but the rain started.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, scobydog said:

They weigh 7 1/2 lbs give or take an ounce, I bought 1 a couple of weeks ago,  only used it on a quick 25 Clay's but very impressed with it. 

Handles well and is very pointable,  I used 24 gram 71/2 s and it felt very good in the shoulder. Would have done more clays but the rain started.

 

 

Just weighed my SP 687 12 bore sporter (2004 one I think) ... 8lb 2.3oz. 

My SP 686 20 bore ... 6lb 8.8oz. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

 

Just weighed my SP 687 12 bore sporter (2004 one I think) ... 8lb 2.3oz. 

My SP 686 20 bore ... 6lb 8.8oz. 

Interesting;

My 57 EL field model (ancestor of Silver Pigeon) weighs 7 lbs 5 oz (12 bore 28" barrels)

My SO6 (again field) model weighs 7 ibs 15 oz (12 bore 30" barrels) and feels noticeably heavy

Two Merkel 303s in my cabinet weigh 7 lbs 3 oz and 7 lbs 7 oz (both 12 bore 28" barrels) and feel relatively light and fast.  The weight on these is very 'central' between the hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...