Med Cert

My GP stopped doing medical reports in the last year and, as my renewal is in a few months time, I contacted the above firm, which was suggested on this Forum some time ago.

I placed my order on 3.5.2021 and a recorded delivery request was served on the GP's Practice on 4.5.2021. Given the GP's previous record, I decided to check progress. I phoned Med Cert and was dealt with by one of the company founders - Dan. He confirmed that my Practice had signed for the request and there had been two phone calls discussing whether I needed to supply a signature to my GP. Nothing had been heard. I was told  a reminder would be sent. I said I would get the e-mail address for my GP to expedite this. 

I phoned the Practice who denied signing for the request, receiving any phone calls and said no-one had accessed my records in the last month. I said that I would get back onto Med Cert and told the lady I was submitting a verbal SAR. She said I couldn't. I explained the law to her - reading straight from the Government website. She accepted this, but provided the e-mail address and asked that it contained confirmation ( I have no idea why). 

I got back to Dan, who said that a duplicate request would be sent within the hour, citing the previous contact, the recorded delivery signature and a reminder that the original date applied.

I have dealt with many companies, Government bodies etc over many years, but very few have impressed me as much. Very friendly, easy to talk to, down to earth and efficient.

I do not give praise easily, but Med Cert deserve it.

I had it go to medicert as my health centre said they would not have time, within 4 weeks I had the document delivered. Really good service, thank goodness these are able to do it as our shooting organisations don’t seem to be able or willing to get it sorted

13 hours ago, Stimo22 said:

I had it go to medicert as my health centre said they would not have time, within 4 weeks I had the document delivered. Really good service, thank goodness these are able to do it as our shooting organisations don’t seem to be able or willing to get it sorted

I too used Med Cert and was kept fully informed of their progress and the relevant information was received within 3 weeks. Most impressed.

OB

• 2 months later...

My local Practice provided the records over two months after being served with a SAR. Firstly they claimed not to have received one and then said that the second didn't give them a date when it had to be returned. I wrote a complaint to the Practice Manager and pointed out that Medcert didn't have to supply a deadline day, as this was already in the law. I got a full apology, but the delay is something applicants need to factor in. 

Edited by Gordon R

5 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Why can we not just scan a copy of our medical record from our online GP History account? Within seconds I can see my history over the last 20+ years. I should be amazed that BASC have not challenged all this rubbish, but somehow I'm not.

Because not all GPs have uploaded the full records, my online medical history shows next to nothing.

Speak to your surgery, most use something like "Wellness" GP app, search Evergreen GP and you should find it, think you will have to speak to your surgery to get a password. You should then get complete access to your Medical history, any letters you have been sent and be able to re-order prescriptions etc etc.

• 8 months later...

I have to say that my own experience with Medcert comes nowhere near those above. 

I can only say I have no faith in them at all. I started my application in early January. I'm still waiting and I get no real answers from them at all, and that's when I can reach them.  They never come back to me, despite repeatedly saying they will and all I ever get is that they are chasing the surgery.

8 weeks after the supposed original SAR went in, I was phoning for updates and being told they were chasing every day. I myself went into the surgery and spoke to them and they said they had no such SAR request. 

2 days after Medcert said they sent a 2nd request, I went into the surgery and checked and this time they have it. I phoned Medcert and asked for an update, we're chasing, the usual answer, I asked, given the circumstances, if anyone had checked to see if the surgery had confirmed they had it, we'll do it and get back to you. No surprise, they didn't.

So three months later and counting I'm rapidly approaching my renewal date and can't begin my application. The latest call today yielded the usual, we'll call you tomorrow, I'm not holding my breath.

Not impressed with them at all and will certainly never use them again.

23 hours ago, TbirdX said:

I have to say that my own experience with Medcert comes nowhere near those above. 

I can only say I have no faith in them at all. I started my application in early January. I'm still waiting and I get no real answers from them at all, and that's when I can reach them.  They never come back to me, despite repeatedly saying they will and all I ever get is that they are chasing the surgery.

8 weeks after the supposed original SAR went in, I was phoning for updates and being told they were chasing every day. I myself went into the surgery and spoke to them and they said they had no such SAR request. 

2 days after Medcert said they sent a 2nd request, I went into the surgery and checked and this time they have it. I phoned Medcert and asked for an update, we're chasing, the usual answer, I asked, given the circumstances, if anyone had checked to see if the surgery had confirmed they had it, we'll do it and get back to you. No surprise, they didn't.

So three months later and counting I'm rapidly approaching my renewal date and can't begin my application. The latest call today yielded the usual, we'll call you tomorrow, I'm not holding my breath.

Not impressed with them at all and will certainly never use them again.

This mirrors my experience with Medcert. Not kept up to date with what's going, different reasons for the delay, etc, etc. Got my money back after 6 months of frustration as they failed to provide the service I paid them for. Never again!!!!

I simply asked my GP surgery for a copy of my medical records, attached to an email.  The surgery are 'conscientious objectors'.  I then visited the surgery and completed the written request form, taking my Shotgun Certificate as photographic identification.  ( they were not happy about that !). I then visited them on a weekly basis, reminding them that we were reaching the 21 working days that they were obliged to supply my notes within. 2 days later they sent an email, telling me I could collect the notes. Job done  !