Cleaning Pellets

88inch

Depends on the barrel, I've got a BSA ultra that I've had for years, used more than most and never had to clean the barrel and its a tack driver ( if I do my bit ). I've also got a Pro-target with a walther barrel that needs a pull through after 300 to 500 pellets as it stars throwing flyers.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity and boredom, the first tin of 'decent' pellets purchased I selected 50 at random. These were then lovingly checked for any deformities, washed, dried and lubricated. They then lavished in their own clean foam lined tin for those special occasions. 

Oddly enough the remaining 450 rewarded me with the same accuracy in every respect. I've not repeated the exercise since. Those who do will no doubt say it's necessary and a must. I'm not one of those.  

Edited by Rockhamster

46 minutes ago, Rockhamster said:

Out of curiosity and boredom, the first tin of 'decent' pellets purchased I selected 50 at random. These were then lovingly checked for any deformities, washed, dried and lubricated. They then lavished in their own clean foam lined tin for those special occasions. 

Oddly enough the remaining 450 rewarded me with the same accuracy in every respect. I've not repeated the exercise since. Those who do will no doubt say it's necessary and a must. I'm not one of those.  

You forgot to weigh them :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had not had an air rifle for 60 years when I purchased my AA S200 second hand from Solware.  I asked then how often I should clean the barrel and the reply was never.

It still puts pellets in the same hole at 20yrds, usually to the detriment of a tree rat or two,  after ...errr I don't know ... maybe three or four thousand rounds.