Who shoots.177 FAC

villaman

Not really as viable as much as 22 and up, your pushing very close to the the sound barrier to get see any benefits those little pellets are not too  good. Other negatives as the lighter the pellet the quicker it all goes South, velocity and energy, one of the reasons you dont see many  177 FAC

Far better off looking at 22 and above, you can push those at 950-1000 fps with better down range results. 

5 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Not really as viable as much as 22 and up, your pushing very close to the the sound barrier to get see any benefits those little pellets are not too  good. Other negatives as the lighter the pellet the quicker it all goes South, velocity and energy, one of the reasons you dont see many  177 FAC

Far better off looking at 22 and above, you can push those at 950-1000 fps with better down range results. 

I totally agree with you  I have .22 FAC air running @ 930 FPS with H&N 21gr slugs . 
Reason asking, I have some .177 JSB slugs 13 .3 gr to give away 

Hi I shoot. 177 fac .and MUCH prefer it over my .22 fac . As is often the case ,as above, 

People don't exactly  understand  the benefits of .177 fac  and dismiss it .

I also find jsb 8.4 s at 1000 fps very very accurate and capable .

I'm not interested  in the slugs really villaman .I've tried a few now and although they have potential they are too expensive to be viable for me .

I will try the new jsb knockouts when they arrive but till then I'm sticking to pellets .

3 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Hi I shoot. 177 fac .and MUCH prefer it over my .22 fac . As is often the case ,as above, 

People don't exactly  understand  the benefits of .177 fac  and dismiss it .

I also find jsb 8.4 s at 1000 fps very very accurate and capable .

I'm not interested  in the slugs really villaman .I've tried a few now and although they have potential they are too expensive to be viable for me .

I will try the new jsb knockouts when they arrive but till then I'm sticking to pellets .

These are the new JSB knockouts