Cigars

Pangolin

32 minutes ago, samboy said:

Tried a cigar when i was about 12 years old. That cured me never smoked since 🤢.

I had one when 18 from a small hit in the middle of what was basically the Jungle in the Dominican Republic. 

An old man who looked about 100 years old came out of a tin shack with a leaf roof. He had clothes lines liked you'd hang your washing on up from tree to tree with tobacco leaves hanging and drying on them.

Inside his hut he had a stack of dried leaves about a foot high, on one of those old school desks with the wooden lift up top.

He took a leaf, rolled it up, lit it and handed it to me lit. It is still the nicest smoke of any kind I have ever tried in my life. 

I have tried a few cigars since and they are all orrible!! 

No idea what type of cigar that was but it was decent, and he never asked for any money for it either. 

I wouldnt say theyre all horrible, depends what youve tried I suppose.

There are plenty of shockingly bad cigars about.

These Java Mint I have there are great with a stout or espresso martini, they taste like an After Eight.

Edited by Pangolin

i dont really miss cigarettes these days , but god i miss cuban cigars :cry1:.

i found a few cigars a couple of years ago , and in a split second i convinced myself that it would be ok to smoke one , now that ive kicked the fag habit . i soon came to my senses , and realised that one cigar would lead to 60 fags a day within a fortnight.

10 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

i dont really miss cigarettes these days , but god i miss cuban cigars .

i found a few cigars a couple of years ago , and in a split second i convinced myself that it would be ok to smoke one , now that ive kicked the fag habit . i soon came to my senses , and realised that one cigar would lead to 60 fags a day within a fortnight.

Haha, 60 a day, christ. 

When I smoked cigarettes, I wasnt a heavg smoker. These cigars will probably last me 2 years.

1 minute ago, Pangolin said:

Haha, 60 a day, christ. 

When I smoked cigarettes, I wasnt a heavg smoker. These cigars will probably last me 2 years.

i smoked cigs because i was a nicotine addict (and still am) , but didnt enjoy smoking them.  i smoked cuban cigars because i absolutely love them.

laying in a warm bath , with a quality single malt , and a big fat cuban , is the best thing in the whole world.  

10 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

i smoked cigs because i was a nicotine addict (and still am) , but didnt enjoy smoking them.  i smoked cuban cigars because i absolutely love them.

laying in a warm bath , with a quality single malt , and a big fat cuban , is the best thing in the whole world.  

I do love a cigar, especially sitting in the sun with a beer or whilst driving the canal boat.

I'm also quite partial to pipe smoking now and then, I have a fair collection of pipe tobacco.

I've never smoked...well apart from once after setting myself on fire but that's a story for another day. I quite like the smell of a cigar and I like the idea of smoking a pipe. If I ever did smoke it would be a pipe or big fat cigars. I often think I'd like to start collecting cigars just for the look of them there's something intriguing about them.

33 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

I've never smoked...well apart from once after setting myself on fire but that's a story for another day. I quite like the smell of a cigar and I like the idea of smoking a pipe. If I ever did smoke it would be a pipe or big fat cigars. I often think I'd like to start collecting cigars just for the look of them there's something intriguing about them.

I started buying some pipes a few years ago, that can easily get out of hand.

On 20/05/2021 at 21:42, mel b3 said:

PLEASE Please please dont tell me you were also in leather chaps :whistling:

2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

We’re doing to have to take that as a yes then 😂😂😂😊

Just now, Pangolin said:

download (3).jpeg

i cant help it if i look fabulous :lol:

you were pretty quick finding that pic pangolin , what were you looking at ,  at the time ? :innocent:

3 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

Hahaha, it was a selfie.

within the next 30 seconds , tightchoke will be sending you a pm asking if he can borrow your pics , please make sure that you laminate them first , dont ask why , just trust me :innocent:.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...