peep sight wanted parker hale etc

mikehutt

Parker hale target peep sight  or similar rear sight wanted as my ailing eyesight can no longer do iron sights !  happy to pay a good price for right item  

of interest amongst others bsa no8 , parker hale 3a ideally, but 5, 7 , 16 or others may be adaptable to my needs  even incomplete or parts as i may be able to fabricate something . W.H.Y ? 

13 hours ago, ditchman said:

i have a Parker site with a Anshutz diopter....managed to find an imperial to metric joint..........bloody superb bit of kit..

adapter 003tn_.JPG

adapter 004tn_.JPG

adapter 005tn_.JPG

adapter 006tn_.JPG

adapter 008tn_.JPG

adapter 009tn_.JPG

adapter 010tn_.JPG

adapter 013tn_.JPG

Nice  maybe i will be able to see the target and sights ! 

26 minutes ago, db58 said:

I might have one here not sure mind just have a look for it now 

Great , let me know if you do .... Mike 

27 minutes ago, mikehutt said:

Nice  maybe i will be able to see the target and sights ! 

Great , let me know if you do .... Mike 

i was gobsmacked as to the clarity and the automatic focusing that the sight did to your brain........i use it for the same reason....and i have it on a very old souped up HW77...i have used a telescopic sight and now the diopter sight and can report there is little or no differance in accuracy.........

im still in awe how it messes with you brain to eye function

177 & 22 001tn_.JPG

Hi Mike, it's not on your list but if any use to you I have another BSA No.9, two different variants its seems, a BSA Tippins and a Westley Richards, though I cannot find a specific model. The fixing plates are for a Lee Enfield I believe but I've yet to have the please of owning one to find out, but are you looking to use on a martini action?

The BSA Tippins is a fixed aperture, also marked BSA Parker. The Westley Richards and No.9 sights have threaded, removable fixed aperture peep sights so could possibly be adapted similarly to Ditchmans? 

Let me know if anything is any use to you. 

On 21/05/2021 at 14:28, db58 said:

B055FCB5-C3F4-4735-8C48-659465CD71CA.jpeg

CF3736DB-F6C2-4B57-A381-EFE9400D15CB.jpeg

Wow not seen one of those before .  must be a really early  holo type sight . not quite what i am after but interesting .Mike 

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

mine wqas easily adapted........

raiser 2 004tn_.JPG

raiser 2 005tn_.JPG

raiser 2 006tn_.JPG

raiser 2 007tn_.JPG

raiser 2 008tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 001tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 002tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 003tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 004tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 005tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 006tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 007tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 008tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 009tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 010tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 011tn_.JPG

raiser and stuff 012tn_.JPG

rats and stuff 001tn_.JPG

rats and stuff 002tn_.JPG

rats and stuff 003tn_.JPG

That is an impressive construction Ditchman ! 

On 21/05/2021 at 15:16, Huntly said:

Hi Mike, it's not on your list but if any use to you I have another BSA No.9, two different variants its seems, a BSA Tippins and a Westley Richards, though I cannot find a specific model. The fixing plates are for a Lee Enfield I believe but I've yet to have the please of owning one to find out, but are you looking to use on a martini action?

The BSA Tippins is a fixed aperture, also marked BSA Parker. The Westley Richards and No.9 sights have threaded, removable fixed aperture peep sights so could possibly be adapted similarly to Ditchmans? 

Hi 

yes looking to use on a Martini action Westley richards ,  i will pm you 

Mike 

On 22/05/2021 at 16:42, mikehutt said:

Wow not seen one of those before .  must be a really early  holo type sight . not quite what i am after but interesting .Mike 

That is an impressive construction Ditchman ! 

Hi 

yes looking to use on a Martini action Westley richards ,  i will pm you 

Mike 

On 21/05/2021 at 15:16, Huntly said:

Hi, do you have any pics ? prices / 

Mik e

I'll upload pictures here, so others can chip in with any information or advice. It's been a few years since I last researched these. First picture shows one of the BSA No.9 variants.

20210526_063940.jpg

Second No.9

20210526_064117.jpg

20210526_064128.jpg

BSA Tippins

20210526_064029.jpg

20210526_064232.jpg

Westley Richards 

20210526_064051.jpg

20210526_064057.jpg