Useless tracking.

DUNKS

Most other companies show you where it is during it's journey but royal mail only tell you it is in transit and when it is delivered but even then the times RM has not even updated the system to tell you it has been delivered.

When i have ordered item's from China the tracking tell's you every depot it goes through even when it get's it's custom's declaration complete and leaves China and arrives in the UK , But then it vanished into the dark abyss of the Royal Mail until it turn's up on the doorstep.

Edited by Andy H

1 hour ago, Andy H said:

Most other companies show you where it is during it's journey but royal mail only tell you it is in transit and when it is delivered but even then the times RM has not even updated the system to tell you it has been delivered.

When i have ordered item's from China the tracking tell's you every depot it goes through even when it get's it's custom's declaration complete and leaves China and arrives in the UK , But then it vanished into the dark abyss of the Royal Mail until it turn's up on the doorstep.

About as much use as -----I know when it was posted "I was there" I also know when it arrives as the recipient will phone me! It's the inbetween I need to know.

4 hours ago, Scully said:

Mate in gallery sent a painting of mine to New Zealand over six months ago. It still hasn’t got there, presumed lost. 

I remember Lins first order that she sent to NZ.  From the time I took the order,  to the time it got posted through the letterbox in NZ was 24 hours . I couldn't believe it , especially when you consider that parcels can sometimes take almost two weeks to get to Birmingham just about five miles away.

Ordered a flip up lens cap last week

should have been here wednesday

emailed supplier at 1300 to,say it had not arrived

yodel site said tomorrow

seller said it had been delivered

arrived here at 1800h. BUT yodel website said it had "been put through letterbox at 21:15"

so I am expecting it in two hours time.  😂

I have to defend RM based on my experience; I sent some old William Powell catalogues to California on loan to someone doing some research.  Posted in my local post office and was able to follow through to delivery in California on the 3rd day.  Similarly on return, where tracking was fine until it got clear of UK customs - then stopped.  But successfully delivered next day.  Canada has a notoriously poor postal service.  I had an Aunt there and letters and cards were very slow and unreliable.