Moderated 410

aberisle

I have a yildiz single barrel 410 hushpower which is similar to the one you have put in the link. 

Its as quiet as an air rifle with the lyalvale express magnasonic 17g 5's.  Ideal for shooting rats. I have also shot crows at 25-30 yards using hull high phesant cartridges as they are harder hitting but as expected they are alot louder than the lyalvale   

Is the barrel ported ?.

If so when you fore plas wads through it the ports will shave off bits and they will collect between barrel and silencer .rattling about and clogging it up .reducing its efficency .

Ideally you can take off the mod sleeve and remove  them after each shoot .

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello,  I would look for a single 410 with round barrel like a Baikal , shorter the better say 26 inch,  then fit a hush power silencer, very neat and a far lighter way of shooting, use only felt wad cartridges, 

I thought about doing this with a 12g . Are they much louder than a full length moderator and do you know if the moderator is screwed in like a choke or are they slid over and fixed to the barrel? 

3 hours ago, Downesy said:

I thought about doing this with a 12g . Are they much louder than a full length moderator and do you know if the moderator is screwed in like a choke or are they slid over and fixed to the barrel? 

Hello, I don't know on sound as still to fit on my single 12, it has a collet that you slide over and tighten up then screw silencer over collet, there's some info on the hush power silencers if you do a search, cheers

I have a similar full moderated .410” and had a play with it on the clay trap on our syndicate shoot last weekend. Everyone had a pop, it’s hearing safe so you can chat easily. Everyone was smashing the clays with it, it has no bead. 14g 5s for crossing clays at 25/30 yards. Pretty much everyone there has a go and offered to buy it off me. If you are up near Chester you are welcome to have a go of mine. 

Hi,

I've got a Pardus 410 full length moderated version,  the barrel is ported, it is very quiet with magnasonics, but also not much louder with normal carts. Shot a lot of pests / vermin with it. Ideal for golf courses etc. It is very light too.

Scobydog 

If i get one i would have to use plastic wads as i plan to use it with TSS, i reckon the weight of the TSS could be loaded at quite  low velocities to take advantage of the moderator but it would still have enough punch when it hits things.

Has anyone used one with TSS?

I've got a Webley + Scott bolt action 410, which I think cost me the princely sum of £50. On the end of that I've got the hushpower detachable moderator (currently £120, when I got mine I seem to recall they were £90) from these guys http://hushpower.co.uk/Gunroom/SG_Hushpower.htm

Remove the foresight bead, fit the moderator, and you're good to go.

Whilst it's not as quiet as the full-length shrouded guns, if you shoot it from 50 yards away then most people don't notice it.

Thing with these is you don't need to download cartridges to take advantage of the gun - yes, if you put a slower subsonic cartridge through it then you'll make it really stealthy, but the moderator does 90% of that anyway. Take it any quieter and you're down to air rifle levels of noise.

11 hours ago, aberisle said:

If i get one i would have to use plastic wads as i plan to use it with TSS, i reckon the weight of the TSS could be loaded at quite  low velocities to take advantage of the moderator but it would still have enough punch when it hits things.

Has anyone used one with TSS?

Hello, TSS ?