I guess these loons will all be put inside

islandgun

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As ever the police stand by with their hands in their pockets, wonder how they would react if someone blocked a police station? Water cannon the idiots and make an example out of them while I go and block their front doors and demand that everything is meat based.

My Forecast is.

1, The police will do next to nothing.

2, These idiots will achieve their 5 minutes of fame.

3, McDonalds won't want to do anything to damage their name.

4, Token arrests will take place, and will go no further.

Lets see if I'm far off. 

I have difficulty accepting that this is acceptable to the Police. The cretins say they intend to blockade for 24 hours. Will the Police stick to their decision if it extends to days, weeks, months - NO. So why are they tolerating this now?

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I have difficulty accepting that this is acceptable to the Police. The cretins say they intend to blockade for 24 hours. Will the Police stick to their decision if it extends to days, weeks, months - NO. So why are they tolerating this now?

It isn't acceptable is it ! . If it had been disgruntled employees they would have been taken away and the road opened, arrest them and incarcerate them until they pay the fines, if not what's the point in remaining within the law

Macdonalds should be considering a private prosecution against these people , and a claim for the ( possible ) millions of pounds in lost revenue .  Then they should chase them through the courts until every penny has been paid .  It would make sure that these fools never have a penny in their pockets for the rest of their life.

I do not eat McDonald’s, not out of an ethical choice but because the food doesn’t fill me up and then it gives me indigestion hours later. Not worth the hassle. 

But out of principle I’d be happy to drive an HGV into the depot if needed. Sadly McDonald’s wouldn’t want the bad press. But the only way these sit down protestors will start to learn is when they risk getting flattened or prosecuted, and the later is unlikely. 

You couldn’t make this up really. 
I had a lengthy online debate with several folk of a similar mindset, who said that for the sake of the planet ( what they really mean is the human species ) we should stop eating meat products, which would also stop the endless slaughter of animals. 
I pointed out to them that to stop eating meat would mean the end of domestic stock, and that humans had already made extinct countless species, and yet here they were, advocating the wiping out of all our domestic farmed animals on a worldwide basis. 
Some then pointed out that they could be kept in zoos ( you mean like farms? asked I ) but went a little quiet when I asked who would pay for them, and which ones....two generic sheep, or two generic horses, cattle, or two of each breed, and again, which ones, and if they’re as detrimental to the planet as they claim, then why? 
I asked a similar question to a rant about our use of plastics, when I asked what were they willing to give up for the sake of the planet, as their phones were made of plastic, as were their tv’s, laptops, PC’s, the chairs they sat on and the fridges they used, the fleeces that kept them warm and the aircraft which carried them off on their holidays. I asked that if they wanted me to stop using plastics, what were they willing to give up?
This was over a week ago now, and I haven’t received a single reply. 🤷‍♂️

I absolutely resent and detest those who constantly interfere in my life by telling me how I should lead it, and what I should and shouldn’t be doing. It angers me greatly. 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I would have thought illegal logging causes more deforestation than so called green house gasses, ?

Just to ad I often wonder how these people fund themselves, many demonstrators are there for days sometimes week not so much this big Mac situation, I recall the one in London in a beautiful park, when they eventually left the cost to pick up the litter and reinstate the grass must have cost a lot of money, perhaps I should give up cooking my lovely beef stews 🤔

1 hour ago, Scully said:

You couldn’t make this up really. 
I had a lengthy online debate with several folk of a similar mindset, who said that for the sake of the planet ( what they really mean is the human species ) we should stop eating meat products, which would also stop the endless slaughter of animals. 
I pointed out to them that to stop eating meat would mean the end of domestic stock, and that humans had already made extinct countless species, and yet here they were, advocating the wiping out of all our domestic farmed animals on a worldwide basis. 
Some then pointed out that they could be kept in zoos ( you mean like farms? asked I ) but went a little quiet when I asked who would pay for them, and which ones....two generic sheep, or two generic horses, cattle, or two of each breed, and again, which ones, and if they’re as detrimental to the planet as they claim, then why? 
I asked a similar question to a rant about our use of plastics, when I asked what were they willing to give up for the sake of the planet, as their phones were made of plastic, as were their tv’s, laptops, PC’s, the chairs they sat on and the fridges they used, the fleeces that kept them warm and the aircraft which carried them off on their holidays. I asked that if they wanted me to stop using plastics, what were they willing to give up?
This was over a week ago now, and I haven’t received a single reply. 🤷‍♂️

I absolutely resent and detest those who constantly interfere in my life by telling me how I should lead it, and what I should and shouldn’t be doing. It angers me greatly. 

Good post.

17 hours ago, islandgun said:

Makes you wonder how they managed to build that structure without being moved on, or it collapsing on them?

16 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

It cannot make it's brand claim that it is the largest "Fast Food Chain" in the world now.

Get them moved, I want my strawberry milkshake that take and industial pump to get it up the straw. 🥤

I haven't tried a mac D milkshake with a paper straw yet!

1 hour ago, Scully said:

asked a similar question to a rant about our use of plastics

I'd like something better than single use plastics,  but the question is what?

Every week I buy soft fruit, or fridge stuff that's all in the nasty thin plastic.