F1 Today - Monaco

chrisjpainter

I like Monaco because it is the only circuit in my opinion, where the tv spectator gets an impressive sensation of speed, but I still couldn’t bring myself to watch more than the first ten laps or so. Great shame really, I used to enjoy F1 so much. 

The most exciting part of the race was Seb's pit exit where he gained two places over Gasly and Hamilton.... and the TV director decided to cut way from it!! Even the replay cut away from the best bit!!!

I'm really feeling for Bottas at the moment, the points he could have nabbed from this race could have reignited his challenge against Hamilton for credibility and equality within the team.  Wingman for yet another season it seems.... I don't see him lasting past the end of this year at Mercedes - and it may be his decision to walk away.

Feeling gutted for Danny Ric who just can't seem to tune himself in to the McLaren.  But on the other hand, Lando is just flying high at the moment in that car and he well and truly deserves it.  Loving the continued Bromance with Carlos even now they're no longer teammates!

4 hours ago, Scully said:

I used to enjoy F1 so much. 

Stick with it.  Monaco is a snooze-fest, always has been in the modern era.  But the rest of this season is going to produce some drama.  Think about it, Max is now the championship leader!  And Red Bull are leading the Constructors for the first time since they've been using these hairdryer hybrid engines!  Ebb and flow... it's going to get brutal, this season will be the tastiest since Lewis/Nico in 2016 but with the added spice that there are now other teams in the mix.  Possibly the best F1 season since 2012 is in progress ;)

Edited by Jim Neal

7 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

The most exciting part of the race was Seb's pit exit where he gained two places over Gasly and Hamilton.... and the TV director decided to cut way from it!! Even the replay cut away from the best bit!!

Stick with it.  Monaco is a snooze-fest, always has been in the modern era. 

Yup. the cars are too fast and too wide to make anything of the historical possible overtake points. They can't take the risks other eras could because the likelihood of an accident is much greater. They should just knock down a few hotels and get some proper straights in, then keep the famous corners as a nod to posterity.

8 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

Stick with it.  Monaco is a snooze-fest, always has been in the modern era.  But the rest of this season is going to produce some drama.  Think about it, Max is now the championship leader!  And Red Bull are leading the Constructors for the first time since they've been using these hairdryer hybrid engines!  Ebb and flow... it's going to get brutal, this season will be the tastiest since Lewis/Nico in 2016 but with the added spice that there are now other teams in the mix.  Possibly the best F1 season since 2012 is in progress

I agree with this Jim, there are going to be fireworks, tantrums from Hamilton, and if George Russell somehow lands Bottas's seat, for whatever reason, before the season is out, it could be explosive!