Rooks and Jackdaws.Shotkam footage.

b325

Rooks and Jackdaws were hitting a maize clamp . It' was difficult to shoot at the clamp so I decided to try and shoot them on their flight line to it. Put some decoys on a ploughed field under the line.

Shot 103 in total in 7 hours . Camera battery died after 4 hours. 

Nice shooting. Looked like your arms got tired towards the end! Initially you barely missed a shot so I thought it was just the highlights reel. Excellent skill, wish you had taken on a few more left and rights rather than use the gun to video the fall of the first but... hey everyone is a critic 💁‍♀️

32 minutes ago, b325 said:

Thanks WalkedUp. I think the second bird often flaring away is a extremely difficult shot to get. I  just save the cartridge now unless a nicer shot presents itself.

And that’s why your average is above 4/5 and mine is probably below 1/2 🤣

I’m slowly learning that it is the shots you don’t take that help build a bag. I’m very trigger happy once within range I’ll take it on. Waste of a cartridge mostly. 

I liked watching the fact you usually waited for the carrion crows to flare and put full speed on to fly away (in a straight line) to take the shot at a bird on a consistent line. I often surprise them and so shoot at a crow that is about to flare, using the second barrel to catch it quartering away. 

Credit where credits due - some great long range shots, 2nd barrel kills. R& Ls. and that was an excellent example of how good maintained lead can be when applied correctly.

You were bang on the line and lead in so many of those shots. A day to remember and thanks and for posting.