Shine Armor

steve_b_wales

im always rather suspicious of all these type of products.......all you are applying is some sort of liquid to a very hard clear laquer...

the only thing i use is some sort of liquid that removes fly dirts and stuff.........followed by a simple cheap polish....and i feed the plastic parts and rubber strips with vaseline

in the old days before laquer finishes ...protection of the paint was important

17 minutes ago, old'un said:

This guy seems to give an honest review on a number of car care products...https://carcarereviews.net/shinearmor.php

Thanks. After just reading about it, I'm certainly not going to bother. The guy recommends Nexgen Ceramic Spray, but I'll have to check if it's available in the UK. It was also good to read that the more Si02 added to a product, the better it is. Very handy to know this, especially when looking at the different sprays etc available here.

14 hours ago, jasper682 said:

May I be so bold as to recommend Squeaky Lee's.co.uk. they have everything for car detailing. They have a ceramic sio2 shine sealant which is excellent. British made and the owner is a shooter also. Delivered to your door. 

Jasper. 

Thanks. :good:

On 24/05/2021 at 11:16, old'un said:

This guy seems to give an honest review on a number of car care products...https://carcarereviews.net/shinearmor.php

I read the page you linked to....then I googled that Nexgen product.... and read several "reviews" of it on different sites which were slightly differently worded but... you know, basically the same words with a few of them changed and jumbled about.

Proceed with caution.

On 31/05/2021 at 19:26, jasper682 said:

May I be so bold as to recommend Squeaky Lee's.co.uk. they have everything for car detailing. They have a ceramic sio2 shine sealant which is excellent. British made and the owner is a shooter also. Delivered to your door. 

Jasper. 

Just bought some of the ceramic sealant from him and the finish is superb, highly recommend.

I had my old black Q5 ceramic coated with gtechnic exo, I had it professionally cleaned, paintwork lightly buffed to get rid of swirls and then treated with the ceramic coat. I neglected that car after that, but every time I washed it it came up beautiful with minimal effort. I’d certainly do it again.