Recoil pads

Jezzerr

1 hour ago, ehb102 said:

The best recoil pads short of the hugely expensive mechanical systems are Xpads. https://www.recoilsystems.com/xpad.php

Interesting.  I need to put a pad on my semi auto - not that it kicks much, but does need something more than hard plastic.  However, this company appear to want me to fill out a form and send them a cheque.  In 2021!  Brouhahaha.  Good luck with that fellas.

11 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Interesting.  I need to put a pad on my semi auto - not that it kicks much, but does need something more than hard plastic.  However, this company appear to want me to fill out a form and send them a cheque.  In 2021!  Brouhahaha.  Good luck with that fellas.

It's Dave Izzard who shoots at Nuthampstead, and most of his customers go and see him. If you don't want to jump through the hoops, you make do with something else. Or ask a gunsmith with an account. Or order by phone "We accept Credit & Debit Cards Telephone us on +44 (0) 1763 837 140"

Edited by ehb102

32 minutes ago, London Best said:

I would be finding a real gunsmith!

What, one that thinks that unless I pay through the nose for a brand or a picture of a pheasant my money isn't worth it? No thanks, Justin Risely is excellent at his work and great value. If the ability to change something to make it fit better isn't the sign of a good gunsmith then I have no idea what people want. 

1 minute ago, ehb102 said:

What, one that thinks that unless I pay through the nose for a brand or a picture of a pheasant my money isn't worth it? No thanks, Justin Risely is excellent at his work and great value. If the ability to change something to make it fit better isn't the sign of a good gunsmith then I have no idea what people want. 

I just consider colouring a gun component with a felt tip pen to be a sign of a bodger.

On 24/05/2021 at 08:54, Jezzerr said:

I am new on here!

looking for advice on recoil pads. Had a shoulder op a few years ago and my Silver Pigeon factory fit pad is deteriorating.

on a sim clay day my shoulder hurts after shooting 300 shots 24g 12g

any info would be appreciated 

As has been said many times.

No 1 - ensure the gun fits you properly

The only guaranteed way is to visit a reputable experienced gunsmith and I would ask on here for recommendations.

No 2 - A Browning reactor gel recoil insert helps a little, but will affect gun fit as would increase length of pull

No 3 - Have a recoil pad fitted after visiting the gunsmith who will advise on the spec. needed lengthwise. - This is the only long term choice!

Average branded recoil pads all work in a similar way - as they are they are basically lumps of rubber and consequently will compress and the gun will bounce back when fired.

Average actual recoil reduction but still have the erratic bounce 5 - 10%.

'Recoil systems' - pads circa 10% reduction depending on thickness and no bounce as totally different material - a composite of 2 materials.

'Recoil systems' - Xpad 23mm and 25mm 25% reduction and no bounce.

Grind to fit and need to flatten stock prior to fitting.

The reason its not coloured as the 2 materials used were developed for military use and colour did not matter. Blacking it is no issue - just a cosmetic thing.

Massive uptake in the states as nothing comes close.

David I.  is a fantastic bloke from an engineering background and an expert in gun recoil.

I would never ever consider anything else.

7 hours ago, London Best said:

I just consider colouring a gun component with a felt tip pen to be a sign of a bodger.

Well, if you ever need the premium recoil please consider getting your gunsmith to send it to my specialized X-pad colour change service. Just £29.50, return postage and packaging included 😀

2 hours ago, ehb102 said:

Well, if you ever need the premium recoil please consider getting your gunsmith to send it to my specialized X-pad colour change service. Just £29.50, return postage and packaging included 😀

Just remember to fill out the order form, include a postal order and a self addressed, stamped envelope, and send to Blue Peter, Broadcasting house.... 😉