• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Hi Mel 

What cal is it? I had a .22 as a teen, my first proper airgun and loved it, the .177s never really went over 8-9ftlb where as the .22s were 11ftlb. What's he asking for it? 

i havent got any further than pics yet to be honest , i was offered it by the mate of a mate . i havent got the foggiest idea what its worth , or even if it works. hes selling an old barnet wildcat crossbow as well.

Very accurate little guns tho the trigger is **** the more you pump it. It will probably blow a seal before it gets enough wind in it to kill the elephant these things are renowned for. 

Imo not worth over £50, the custom stock is more desirable and might fetch £60 😂

Barnett wildcat, jez, that's going back a few years. I remember bending bolts with one because the thing would go through 3/4 ply like butter...

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, if you get it cheap will you do a refurb mel ?

I've offered £50 for the airgun and Barnet wildcat crossbow and he's accepted it . I'll probably just use them for messing about at the woodland,  so a refurb wouldn't really be worth it.

Your leather sling was posted yesterday Gordon, it should be with you today or tomorrow mate 👍.

32 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I've offered £50 for the airgun and Barnet wildcat crossbow and he's accepted it . I'll probably just use them for messing about at the woodland,  so a refurb wouldn't really be worth it.

Your leather sling was posted yesterday Gordon, it should be with you today or tomorrow mate 👍.

Hello, ok sounds good. Thanks for that, let me know payment details by PM, 

Well I got the gun , but couldn't test it until I got home , and when i did test it , it's xxxxxx. It seems to pump up ok , but when I tested it with a pellet , the pellet stayed in the barrel. I'm guessing that a pellet was already lodged in there.

I dont feel any inclination to repair it , so It's free if anyone wants to come and collect it , to either repair , or use for spares. 

Only for someone that will use or repair it though , not to try to sell on.

28 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

fresh-ripe-lemons-isolated-on-white-background_BPXbN31d3zx-e1512149333632_540x.jpg

You should know me better than that dave . The crossbow was the money , not the gun . I also came back with fifty quids worth of free range eggs and horse manure  , and 220 acres of prime woodland deer stalking 😅.

51 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Well I got the gun , but couldn't test it until I got home , and when i did test it , it's xxxxxx. It seems to pump up ok , but when I tested it with a pellet , the pellet stayed in the barrel. I'm guessing that a pellet was already lodged in there.

I dont feel any inclination to repair it , so It's free if anyone wants to come and collect it , to either repair , or use for spares. 

Only for someone that will use or repair it though , not to try to sell on.

Hello, would you post mel if I paid costs ? Would have to be Parcel Force 48 , described as sporting goods, 

46 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello mel,  ok thanks but what is the calibre 22 or 177, 22 would be best as I would refurb to use for ratting on my friends farm,  cheers

Unfortunately it's. 177 Gordon. 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You can't use a crossbow on deer!:lol:

It's perfectly legal to use a crossbow on deer , just as long as nobody is watching 😅.

The crossbow is for targets and fun at the woodland for visiting guests,  along with , longbow ,catapults, airguns , and axe throwing.

Disclaimer for the simple minded.

Crossbow is most definitely not legal for deer 👍.

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, ok thanks Mel, think I would  be better with 22, many thanks for the offer though, making some new sticks today and the leather Yoke will be spot on, cheers

No worries Gordon.  I'll put it in the sales section later , and bin it at the end of the week if nobody wants it.👍.

4 hours ago, mel b3 said:

You should know me better than that dave . The crossbow was the money , not the gun . I also came back with fifty quids worth of free range eggs and horse manure  , and 220 acres of prime woodland deer stalking 😅.

Well done mel.

34 minutes ago, old man said:

Well done mel.

Thankyou very much chief.

I've been hoping for the stalking for a very long time ,  the land joins onto a 500 acre dairy farm that I've been shooting for over 20 years . The guy has never allowed any shooting in his block of woodland until yesterday , hes had massive amounts of work done in there , and can now see the wildlife 😊,I've been asked to thin out the deer and squirrels 😊

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

No worries Gordon.  I'll put it in the sales section later , and bin it at the end of the week if nobody wants it.👍.

Hello mel, no don't bin it,if nobodys interested I will send you post costs, 👍, I may be able to change barrel if not have some old 177 pellets, cheers