Flapper wing attachment

Really happy with the effectiveness of my new FF6 combo unit.  However I've had a bit of learning curve on hooking the wings in so that they don't pop off occasionally during long sessions.  I've resorted to using binder clips to hold the wings to the bar as pictured.  With the addition, it ran for 6 hours without any need for adjustment.  

Anyone else come up with similar solutions?   

FF6 w binder clips.jpg

41 minutes ago, wildflights said:

Really happy with the effectiveness of my new FF6 combo unit.  However I've had a bit of learning curve on hooking the wings in so that they don't pop off occasionally during long sessions.  I've resorted to using binder clips to hold the wings to the bar as pictured.  With the addition, it ran for 6 hours without any need for adjustment.  

Anyone else come up with similar solutions?   

FF6 w binder clips.jpg

Couldn’t you just bend the spikes forward like the A1 turbo flapper atb Dean 

6 hours ago, Saltings said:

did you break the wing bones before mounting   

Yes, the wings are broken.  I'm probably running it faster than a crow would normally flap.  I seem to get a stronger reaction when running a quick tempo.

9 hours ago, Newkid said:

Couldn’t you just bend the spikes forward like the A1 turbo flapper atb Dean 

The spikes are bent forward.  Do you think they should also be bent down?  I'm running the spike through the smaller, outer wing muscle.

• 6 months later...

I also have the ff6 combo and it came supplied with elastic bait bands for securing the wings in position, it also came with instructions/a note stating to use the elastic bait bands and where you could purchase them cheaply. I’ve had no issues with them coming off/snapping and they blend well/are not obvious even at close range. 

• 5 months later...