Have The Price Of Puppies Reached The Peak ?

marsh man

5 hours ago, sam triple said:

I’m not so sure on this , a bloke I regularly see on my dog walk had just paid £1500 for a boxer cross mastiff pup after loosing his boxer unexpectedly and his neighbour has just paid £4K for a black lab pup , also heard of another litter of fox red labs near me going for £3k each  , also these “ charities “ make such hard work of getting these dogs re homed which doesn’t help themselves 

Some idiots might still be paying silly money, but the market is flooded. 

Lots of people are getting stuck with pups at over 8 weeks and there are adverts everywhere at the moment with people complaining they aren’t even getting phone calls …

19 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Just on one site now, lad asks if anyone has a pointer (HPR) pup available - has received about 20 offers for Spaniels or retrievers … people pushing to get rid of their pups ASAP. 

I'm seeing this also with some breeds, I think the bubble might be about to burst, although not yet with all sports, some of the dogs in other sports the prices although high to start, never went as silly in the first place. 

Looking today on the local adverts I didn't see one Lab pup under four figures , the price range was still vast with the lowest at around £1000 and the highest at £3000 , mind you there were a lot of pups and the supply could easily out strip the demand , time will tell .

5 hours ago, marsh man said:

Looking today on the local adverts I didn't see one Lab pup under four figures , the price range was still vast with the lowest at around £1000 and the highest at £3000 , mind you there were a lot of pups and the supply could easily out strip the demand , time will tell .

Yes still a few people trying to get the silly prices of £3,000+, but 2 months ago I don't think you'd have found people adverting pups openly at £1000, the demand was insane, anything priced anywhere near that was sold before being advertised. 

I think the supply has definately gone over the demand, and those people trying their luck for £3,000 a pup will soon be dropping prices when they have 3-6 pups left approaching 4,5 and 6 months of age.