Dominic Cummings Enq'

ditchman

30 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

I cannot see anyone wanting to hire Cummings now or in the future, he has shown he is never to be trusted, and he will gather information to use against you or your company should he be dismissed.
You would be crazy to employ someone like him.

agreed

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

I have a high moral standard and I expect the same of those in public life. That said, it hasn't made the slightest difference.

Johnson isn't the best prime Minister ever - far from it, but he is better than Blair, Brown, Major, Heath, Callaghan and more. Worse still would have been Corbyn and Starmer. A dearth of quality politicians at the present.

When choosing between a+ carp and a-carp does not make a+ carp any better than carp. Calling out carp for what it is, at least gives us all a chance. What we need to find a leader that has values and policy. Unfortunately we have neither but it's still a+ carp compared to some. 🤪

Edited by oowee

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

When choosing between a+ carp and a-carp does not make a+ carp any better than carp. Calling out carp for what it is, at least gives us all a chance. What we need to find a leader that has values and policy. Unfortunately we have neither but it's still a+ carp compared to some. 🤪

Anyone who chooses a career as a politician , is usually (morally) the wrong person for the job.

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

I cannot see anyone wanting to hire Cummings now or in the future, he has shown he is never to be trusted, and he will gather information to use against you or your company should he be dismissed.
You would be crazy to employ someone like him.

Agreed.

24 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

It's an indication of Cummings arrogance and lack of foresight to the likely ramifications of his petulant outburst yesterday.  No one in politics or the civil service will want him and neither will the private sector feel that he'd be worth the risk. 

Im sure someone could find a use for him .......

May be an illustration of one or more people, people standing and text

4 hours ago, London Best said:

Yep, anyone who wants to be an MP should not be allowed to stand.

I wonder where I've heard this flawed line of thinking before....oh yes, I know:

Cummings will find work aplenty in the media, a la Campbell.

And @Rewulf's cartoon is spot-on, in his cack-handed way Cummings is doing more to hold the government to account than the opposition.

1 hour ago, Cosmicblue said:

It's an indication of Cummings arrogance and lack of foresight to the likely ramifications of his petulant outburst yesterday.  No one in politics or the civil service will want him and neither will the private sector feel that he'd be worth the risk. 

Correct.

He is a proven liar and rule breaker. He has zero credibility in my eyes. Why that committee offered him so much time to spout his bile and vitriol is beyond me. He hasn't even been in Government and was merely an 'advisor '.

8 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I wonder where I've heard this flawed line of thinking before....oh yes, I know:

Cummings will find work aplenty in the media, a la Campbell.

And @Rewulf's cartoon is spot-on, in his cack-handed way Cummings is doing more to hold the government to account than the opposition.

You are likely correct about the media employing Campbell.

But the BBC IS the major opposition.

1 minute ago, JDog said:

Why that committee offered him so much time to spout his bile and vitriol is beyond me.

Why indeed ...?
Its like theyve decided to do a pre emptive covid enquiry, before the official one next year, with an anti BJ shill as the star witness.
What I find laughable and shocking in equal measure , is the statements he is coming out with are considered as actual facts by many.
Cummings (known as a liar extraordinaire last year) , is the darling of the media, now he is singing from their song sheet !

If Boris said bodies can be piled high, or 80 + aged citizens arent worth saving, then it must be true, because Dom said so 😄
You really couldnt make it up !

6 minutes ago, London Best said:

But the BBC IS the major opposition.

Huh?  You must've have been listening to a different BBC than me.  They have mongered fear per Ofcom's diktats relentlessly.  Their 'questioning' always follows the lines of why we didn't lock down faster and harder.

Once, just once, I'd like to hear a BBC journalist balance this line of questioning with questions about when civil liberties will be restored, or whether anyone in government has performed any sort of cost-benefit analysis with respect to lockdown (human lives and money).

9 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Huh?  You must've have been listening to a different BBC than me.  They have mongered fear per Ofcom's diktats relentlessly.  Their 'questioning' always follows the lines of why we didn't lock down faster and harder.

Once, just once, I'd like to hear a BBC journalist balance this line of questioning with questions about when civil liberties will be restored, or whether anyone in government has performed any sort of cost-benefit analysis with respect to lockdown (human lives and money).

I am not going to get into a political argument, but if you cannot see that the BBC is severely left wing biased then you really must be one of Corbyn’s gang.

4 minutes ago, London Best said:

I am not going to get into a political argument, but if you cannot see that the BBC is severely left wing biased then you really must be one of Corbyn’s gang.

GB News starts in June.............be interesting to see their take on it

8 hours ago, oowee said:

And it's this couldn't care less attitude to our leaders behaviour and actions, our tolerance of poor standards in public life that cascades down to the rest of society. If we don't care about what starts at the top we encourage the same moral's to cascade throughout our society.

The next time some low life keys your car or breaks into your shed reflect on the fact that our tolerance of poor standards at the top is part and parcel of the same problem.

Have a higher moral standard for yourself,  expect a higher moral standard in public life and we will all be better for it. 

Some couldn't care less, the ones that do can't do anything to rectify? Our leaders think that laws are for others and that lacklustre is gold standard? Our only remedy to vote them out......oops more in the pipeline?

It has become very easy to slide towards an attitude of not giving a flying duck.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

if you cannot see that the BBC is severely left wing biased then you really must be one of Corbyn’s gang.

You're totally maladroit about my sentiments: The BBC's editorial approach to Corona and their left wing bias is not somehow mutually exclusive.

The job of HM's Opposition is not, as the name suggests, to oppose the government on principle, but rather to hold the government to account.  On this Labour under Keir Starmer has resolutely failed.

On your contention that the BBC is doing this job instead, again it's a hard no from me.  If anything, they toe the same line 'lockdown faster and harder' and are wise in hindsight to the point of nauseousness.  Never, as I stated above, do they ask ministers about the other side of the coin, i.e. when can we have our civil liberties back?

Indeed the BBC's editorial approach to the pandemic provides more evidence of their metropolitan chattering classes bias, and how it's increasingly completely out of step with their viewers, not less.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

GB News starts in June.............be interesting to see their take on it

I wouldn't get your hopes up.  Certain media types are quite open about the fact they want to kill GBN with incessant complaints to the regulator.  Who will be obliged to investigate, and will doubtless rule against GBN.  Just look at what ITN (channel 4 news) gets away with on a nightly basis, and tell me you have confidence in OFCOM to allow the alternative point of view to broadcast.  Because I don't.

GBN won't last a year  - and this is despite the fact there is very clearly a gap in the market. Advertisers will pull out, and anyone who has vaguely right-of-centre leanings has probably long since given up on broadcast television.

I'm with Piers way of thinking. 

I wouldn't believe a word of what this man says.

He is far too skilled at lying to any kind of group or inquiry - that is what made him dangerous to the government and I think they sussed that out and expelled him. 

Sometimes we need to believe in our Government regardless of whom we support.

Pushkin:whistling:

look  at the rest of the world  whos got it wrong or right   china lied   now laborite  leak  they ****ed up        WHO  did not investigate properly   and believed        a flue ok not a flue         WHO       i Rembert  d trump  we will  not do herd imunity we will vacinate  not like the uk          last year          if in doubt its somewhere in one if his speeches     how would he know  if not told   heard imunity was a thing             i dont care who is in power a        rule i live by        they must be the best  person for the job                    some ****ups still better than                  lacking      labour who would go on strike    do **** all     cant sort inhouse squabbling  or  anti semitasimm       how can they lead         k stama  is like a jack Russel yapping **** hoping something sticks   wall paper  photo  is just ****        when already sorted many  weeks ago              nothing    POSATIVE        i find him/ party seriously lacking  in my words     ****    and      ****            when a footballer from nout challenges Boris beter than   and government        a posative change         challenges him better then than neighbour party leader      its a bit like last weeks ****  too late  

5 hours ago, Saltings said:

look  at the rest of the world  whos got it wrong or right   china lied   now laborite  leak  they ****** up        WHO  did not investigate properly   and believed        a flue ok not a flue         WHO       i Rembert  d trump  we will  not do herd imunity we will vacinate  not like the uk          last year          if in doubt its somewhere in one if his speeches     how would he know  if not told   heard imunity was a thing             i dont care who is in power a        rule i live by        they must be the best  person for the job                    some ****ups still better than                  lacking      labour who would go on strike    do **** all     cant sort inhouse squabbling  or  anti semitasimm       how can they lead         k stama  is like a jack Russel yapping **** hoping something sticks   wall paper  photo  is just ****        when already sorted many  weeks ago              nothing    POSATIVE        i find him/ party seriously lacking  in my words     ****    and      ****            when a footballer from nout challenges Boris beter than   and government        a posative change         challenges him better then than neighbour party leader      its a bit like last weeks ****  too late  

Now that sums things up quite well.