walking sticks and brooches.

mel b3

evening guys.

her good self makes loads of different craft products , theyre all great , but sometimes she makes things that i absolutely love . the sticks that shes finished over the last couple of days , and the brooches/badges that shes just started making , are these things , i absolutely love them .

20210526_155715.jpg

20210526_155734.jpg

20210526_155924.jpg

20210526_155754.jpg

20210526_155813.jpg

20210520_121837.jpg

20210520_121901.jpg

20210520_121925.jpg

20210520_121943.jpg

20210520_122116.jpg

20210526_155030.jpg

20210526_160130.jpg

14 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Similarly here, but my wife refuses to take it out in case she marks it or breaks it.  Serious works of art.

Tell freda to use it nev , the sticks are pretty tough , but if she does break it , lin could make her a copy 👍.

12 hours ago, moondoggy said:

Nice work, must take her a while to do? 👌👌👌👌👍👍👍👍

Those badges/brooches only take minutes (  i think they're fantastic) , but each stick takes quite a few hours of work . Just peeling the bark takes hours because she takes it off in tiny pieces , that leaves the wood with a hammered finish . When I mention how inefficient this method is , she has one of those artistic hissy fits , because it's "  her style " 😅.

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

when i get moved and set up again...im going to send you some knife handles for Lin to do some niaeve scrimshaw on them....

I reckon that she'd love a go at that.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

She doesn't do erotic stuff you know.

She would for that old smoothy ditchman😅.

Thankyou for the kind words gents . She'll be chuffed when I show her. It's a shame that the pics aren't so great , because the sticks and badges look so much better in  the flesh. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Don't mention FLESH !!!!   Ditchy will also have a hissy fit:yay:

He'll have a fit of the vapours😅

26 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Great stuff she’s making really like the artist work 

You should however know better than to offer helpful suggestions it’s never going to go well 😂😂😂😂

I'm surprised that it got this far before it hit the downward ramp 😊

1 hour ago, powler said:

Wow there really great Mel, my wife likes the brooch with the bird on it, she says its full of character.

Let me know when you guys are selling these as I would like to order the bird brooch for the wife.

Mick

Hiya mick.

She hasn't started selling them yet mate , she's still doing her artistic temperament thing , and changing them , and flouncing around like noel cowerd , but I'll tell her not to change the bird one 👍.

I can't be completely sure , but I think she mentioned that they would be for sale at £6.00 , but please don't hold me to that price , because I don't always listen when she's talking 😳😳😳.

I get used to seeing the things that she makes , so I just sort of get used to lovely stuff being around , and don't really take much notice of stuff , but these brooches/badges have really made me sit up and take notice . Each one is a stunning little unique work of art . I really wish that everyone could see how perfect they look in the flesh .

7 hours ago, powler said:

Wow there really great Mel, my wife likes the brooch with the bird on it, she says its full of character.

Let me know when you guys are selling these as I would like to order the bird brooch for the wife.

Mick

PM sent mick 👍.

1 hour ago, powler said:

PM done 👍

Oh if a fox one along the line of design of the bird should come along I would be interested in that, well the wife would.

Lovely mick .

I'll ask her to do a couple , and if you see anything that you fancy , I'll send them together.👍.

Cheers nev.  I find these tiny little pyrographed and painted brooches absolutely fascinating . I wonder if she could do a knife handle , then seal it with a clear resin ?,  that would look pretty cool .

14 minutes ago, powler said:

Yes Mel, the fox one's look great( see PM).

The world is your oyster with these brooches with so many possibility's for designs.

I cut her another 100 or so Holly slices yesterday , so she'll be getting very creative over the next few weeks 😊