Pine Marten

twenty

1 hour ago, twenty said:

Pine Marten include Grey squirrel in their diet, so that's a bonus.

And Red squirrels too which is less of a bonus.

I admire Pine Martens but I consider these reintroduction programs to be leading to the wanton decimation of other wildlife.

reading thro various history books in the past...........it often mentions the nuisance of flocks of red kites within medival london and other centres scavaging and causing problems..............

been a recent news story about flocks of kites been a problem up north,,,where people are feeding them and taking scraps

18 minutes ago, JDog said:

And Red squirrels too which is less of a bonus.

I admire Pine Martens but I consider these reintroduction programs to be leading to the wanton decimation of other wildlife.

Yeah, I am not sure if it is a good idea or not................A pair of Beavers were released at Lydbrook, in the Wye Valley as well last year, again, not sure if that is a good thing, but the aim is to alleviate flooding in the village.

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

reading thro various history books in the past...........it often mentions the nuisance of flocks of red kites within medival london and other centres scavaging and causing problems..............

been a recent news story about flocks of kites been a problem up north,,,where people are feeding them and taking scraps

Red  Kites are quite a common site on the Cotswolds, it's not unusual to see 3-4 daily,...........with all the general road kill, and game shoot casualties, they have  flourished in the last few years