FX WILDCAT VS KRAL EMPIRE X

ferreter10

So... I'm in thr market for a FAC do it all airrifle. 

Short gun (bullpup style) ideal as I'll be in and out of cars, trucks etc. I'd like a gun that will shoot bunnies to 100 yards

I think I've narrowed my search down to what appears to be 2 guns as the title describes.

Anyone have any experience with either or both? Is the FX worth 2 Krals?

I've never had an unregulated gun so I would be worried about the power curve of thr Kral but according to some reviews, they seem to have done a good job at minimising it. People seem to rave about FXs in general but I've never had the chance to shoot one

Any help appreciated 

F

51 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

For a 100 yds and pellet you will need a .25 cal  doing around 40 - 50 fpe  

For a slug  your gonna need either a .22  at40 plus fpe or.25 at 60 fpe  

This should help with your desicion  

Thanks for the reply Stu.

I shoot a Daystate  .22 currently at 30fpe which grouped well at 100 until it broke. Also took out many a bunny 80-100 with consistency (100 at the very top of what I would be prepared to take) so assuming the right set up, I still think .22 is on the table.

Daystate is however a long gun so will want shorter, and certainly will not go another daystate because of the electrical issues I've had and the astronomical weight times on repairs (and price for that matter)

Have you used either of the above guns ?

F

I know it's not on your list, but have a look at a Zbroia. I've got a Kozak and it's an an excellent rifle for the money. The new Kozak 2 is even better, with a better regulator and improvements they've made over time. I compared mine against a Kral Puncher Breaker and it was far superior, but the Empire X looks pretty smart.

I've had decent groups about 50 yards, not FAC though and haven't gone out to 100.

I borrowed a mates Wildcat and it was nice and accurate, not sure if it was worth double though

Cheers

On 27/05/2021 at 14:56, Demonic69 said:

I know it's not on your list, but have a look at a Zbroia. I've got a Kozak and it's an an excellent rifle for the money. The new Kozak 2 is even better, with a better regulator and improvements they've made over time. I compared mine against a Kral Puncher Breaker and it was far superior, but the Empire X looks pretty smart.

I've had decent groups about 50 yards, not FAC though and haven't gone out to 100.

I borrowed a mates Wildcat and it was nice and accurate, not sure if it was worth double though

Cheers

Thanks for the input I'll make some enquiries :)

21 hours ago, villaman said:

I shoot rabbits at 120 + yards with .22 crown using H&N slugs 21 gr & 38-40 ftlbs . Mk3 wildcat .22 will do the job nicely 👍🏻

Thanks Villaman, did your crown take much tuning to get it accurate at that sort of range?

7 hours ago, ferreter10 said:

Thanks for the input I'll make some enquiries

Thanks Villaman, did your crown take much tuning to get it accurate at that sort of range?

No not really, heavy hammer weight duel transfer port , and slug liner 

wildcat mk 3  .22 will be better than my crown one would of thought 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for people's input. I've got an FX Maverick sniper in .25... eek. 

No idea about what to set the regs at etc so will be a learning curve to say the least as I've never had the ability to tune a gun before.

Might have to start a new thread on the Maverick if I run into problems 🤔😕